Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dllhost issues in Publisher

Hi all,

I found another problem in Call Manager today. I'm using 4.1(3)SR4d. The memory usage in the publisher server keeps increasing day by day, and after I investigate, it's all because the dllhost.exe process. It takes about 400MB of memory. The source is IIS-{Default Website//Root/CCMAdmin} process. To temporarily resolve the problem, I restarted the IIS service, and it works. The memory usage decrease by 20%. Any documented issues on this ? And how to permanently solve it ?

Thanks all.

Wiyandi

2 REPLIES

Re: dllhost issues in Publisher

First, do you have any tasks using CCMAdmin web page in background (monitoring tasks, network management, etc)? Does someone have CCMAdmin open and refreshing it often?

If CCMAdmin is not in use, the DLLHOST process for it should go away after 20 minutes of being idle (inactive) IIRC. The cisco AuPair process IIRC watches this and cleans this up after it has been idle. It has been awhile since I worked on a issue involving this issue (4.0x times).

It may be a issue in CCM or OS version perhaps if the first item above isn't the case.

If you kill the DLLHOST process associated with CCMAdmin, does a new DLLHOST come back right away? (Don't have CCMAdmin open when you do this). If the DLLHOST comes back right away then something is hitting it (from my last run in with this issue and working with TAC).

Re: dllhost issues in Publisher

Hi Erick,

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Cisco Real Time Monitoring Tool and Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 to monitor them. Both of them have links to CCMAdmin, but I don't think that is the issue, because I have used these monitoring tools before this problem arise. But I'll try to disable the monitoring tools to see if there is any progress.

This problem starts to arise when I disable WMI service in all CCM, because this service causes CPU spikes periodically in CCM and it's effects are clearly observed by user.

I tried your last suggestion, and DLLHOST comes back right away. What do you mean by something is hitting ? Is it a kind of virus attack ?

Wiyandi

Views
Helpful
Replies