cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLU licensing system for CUCM 7.1.5

dnovic001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a questing regarding DL licenses. We have CUCM 7.1.5 and we were using DL licenses. Now i need to buy licenses for 50 third party basic phones and i wonder can i still buy DL licenses or only UCL? What kind of UCL licenses do i need? can i use them with CUCM 7.1.5?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dijana,

The new users are supposed to be CUWL or UCL. UCL for 7.1.5 really is just using DLUs in the

background for enforcement.  So it's actually the same process to apply the licensing  to a CUCM cluster, as buying UCL really just

gives you DLU paks.  That will be true up to CUCM 8.6

CUCM 9.0 introduces the License Manager which is closer to a true "user" based licensing scheme

Please contact licensing@cisco.com for your requirement.

HTH

Manish.

View solution in original post

Hi Novic,

You would be getting PAKs inside Packet which need to be sent to licensing@cisco.com and would generate license , would be ideally DLUs.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dijana,

The new users are supposed to be CUWL or UCL. UCL for 7.1.5 really is just using DLUs in the

background for enforcement.  So it's actually the same process to apply the licensing  to a CUCM cluster, as buying UCL really just

gives you DLU paks.  That will be true up to CUCM 8.6

CUCM 9.0 introduces the License Manager which is closer to a true "user" based licensing scheme

Please contact licensing@cisco.com for your requirement.

HTH

Manish.

So, what you are saying is that I can buy UCL licensing sheme, but when i "unpack" them, i 'll get license, and when implemented in CUCM it will appear as new DL's.

Hi Novic,

You would be getting PAKs inside Packet which need to be sent to licensing@cisco.com and would generate license , would be ideally DLUs.

regds,

aman

That is what i ment.