Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DLU licensing system for CUCM 7.1.5

I have a questing regarding DL licenses. We have CUCM 7.1.5 and we were using DL licenses. Now i need to buy licenses for 50 third party basic phones and i wonder can i still buy DL licenses or only UCL? What kind of UCL licenses do i need? can i use them with CUCM 7.1.5?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: DLU licensing system for CUCM 7.1.5

Hi Dijana,

The new users are supposed to be CUWL or UCL. UCL for 7.1.5 really is just using DLUs in the

background for enforcement.  So it's actually the same process to apply the licensing  to a CUCM cluster, as buying UCL really just

gives you DLU paks.  That will be true up to CUCM 8.6

CUCM 9.0 introduces the License Manager which is closer to a true "user" based licensing scheme

Please contact licensing@cisco.com for your requirement.

HTH

Manish.

VIP Purple

Hi Novic,

You would be getting PAKs inside Packet which need to be sent to licensing@cisco.com and would generate license , would be ideally DLUs.

regds,

aman

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Dijana,

The new users are supposed to be CUWL or UCL. UCL for 7.1.5 really is just using DLUs in the

background for enforcement.  So it's actually the same process to apply the licensing  to a CUCM cluster, as buying UCL really just

gives you DLU paks.  That will be true up to CUCM 8.6

CUCM 9.0 introduces the License Manager which is closer to a true "user" based licensing scheme

Please contact licensing@cisco.com for your requirement.

HTH

Manish.

VIP Purple

So, what you are saying is that I can buy UCL licensing sheme, but when i "unpack" them, i 'll get license, and when implemented in CUCM it will appear as new DL's.

VIP Purple

Hi Novic,

You would be getting PAKs inside Packet which need to be sent to licensing@cisco.com and would generate license , would be ideally DLUs.

regds,

aman

That is what i ment.

Views
Helpful
Replies