Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLUs on CUCM 7.1.5

I know Cisco has stated that from 7.1.5 licensing is either UCL or CUWL. I have a client who would like to purchase additional DLU's and migrate using UCSS to 8.6 later this year. He upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.1.5 but would like to keep the same licensing model for now.

I just want to confirm whether or not he may purchase and use DLUs on a 7.1.5 system.

Thanks very much.

3 Replies 3

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jonathan

No, he can't. He must puchase either UCL or CUWL licenses.

When you buy UCL or CUWL licenses and activate the PAK keys you will actually receive DLU license files back which you will add to your Publisher as you always have done.

However, you cannot use the old DLU part codes to do this; if you try, the license files you receive will not work with a 7.1(5) Publisher.

The simplest (and cheapest) way to replicate DLU based licensing is to use UCL Enhanced.

HTH. Barry

P.S.

Please don't shoot the messenger, I don't make these rules.

Thanks Barry, I appreciate the response. Next to UCSS Cisco's licencing is one of the most convoluted product.

No worries Jonathan; I totally agree. Licensing of all of the UC products, ESW and UCSS is a total and utter mess.

Unfortunately, the only people who don't seem to think so are, erm, Cisco (and even the Cisco SEs I know agree off the record). A quick google search will turn up hundreds of similar comments from other partners and customers.  I (and by inference Cisco) have lost customers because of it. Alas, there doesn't seem to be anybody listening.....

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: