Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA and passwords/PINs

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know that DMA doesn't migrate passwords & PINs for users.

I also understand that a default PIN is set for users once the DMA .tar file is imported into CUCM during the upgrade (4.1(3) to 6.1(2) in my case) and that this pin is '12345' I believe. However, does anyone know if a default password is created for users ?

Post upgrade, I have users who can access Extension Mobility via the default PIN but cannot access the CCMUser pages which requires a password.

Many thanks,

Matt

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

During the import of accounts, no passwords or PINs are copied from the LDAP directory to the Unified CM database. If LDAP authentication is not enabled on Unified CM, the password and PIN for the end user are managed using Unified CM Administration. By default, the password is set to ciscocisco and the PIN is set to 12345 when the account is created. These settings can be changed by the user via the user web pages or by the administrator via the administrator web pages. The password and PIN are stored in an encrypted format in the Unified CM database.

n.warburton
Level 1
Level 1

As many of you know upgrading from CCM4 to CCM5, 6 or 7 you end up losing your pins and passwords. I have an application that I have been developing that will recover these, re-populate the new CUCM version and provide for a more seamless upgrade stopping lots of calls to your helpdesk!!! Email me: help at truecomms.co.uk if you this could really help you (sorry not often in the newsgroups due to time constraints)

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The answer is this..during the upgrade callmanager will ask you to enter a default password that yoru user will use to login for the first time. This password will be the same for all users until they login and change it

HTH

Please rate all useful posts

I guess the point of being able to simply recover the information and re-import saves a massive amount of support headaches as you would need to tell everyone that the pin was now 12345. Also interesting to the security team who (from previous experience) dont like the idea of a default pin (i.e. immediately post upgrade i could login, change the pin of someone else and then make malious calls or simply calls to expensive location :) )

Simply "migrating" the information (using that pin recovery process at www.truecomms.co.uk) from one CCM to the other is a much better way of upgrading, especially if you are a large corporate company!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: