cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA Error 4 to 7

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I am running the DMA tools, to upgramde CCM from the version 4.2(3) to 7.0 but I have the following errors:

[09:05:39 AM] Validating exported Cisco CallManager database and directory data.

[09:05:39 AM] This can take a long time, depending on the size of the database and directory. Be patient.

[09:05:39 AM] Estimated time to complete data validation is about 51 minutes.

[09:05:39 AM] Accessing database...

[09:09:47 AM] modExportDatabase=Failure

[09:09:47 AM] Failed to complete database processing successfully.

[09:09:47 AM] Failed to validate Cisco CallManager database and directory exported data.

[09:09:47 AM] The exported data cannot be used for upgrade.

[09:09:47 AM] Correct the database and/or directory data and run DMA again.

[09:09:47 AM] Verification of DB in IDS failed. Retaining the TAR file as it is.

[09:09:47 AM] Building archive C:\DMA TAR\DMAExportFailed08-21-10#9-02.tar.

[09:09:53 AM] Archive built successfully.

09:22:21 AM] The results are : Export - Successful. Validation - Failed.

[09:22:21 AM] ********************************************************************************

[09:22:21 AM] ********************************************************************************

[09:22:21 AM] It is mandatory to refer to the Post-Upgrade Tasks section of the Upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager to understand and complete all the critical tasks after the upgrade.

[09:22:21 AM] See document at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guides_list.html

How I can resolve this problem ?

Suggest?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

In the DMA Error I found this messages:

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT:
Sorry. Unable to parse and identify error number. Raw Message follows:
08/21/2010 20:37:51.895 installdb| installFull *ERROR* Prior Cancel or Error Processing installSql (c:\tmp\db\sql\dbfuncs_win.sql)|

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT:
Sorry. Unable to parse and identify error number. Raw Message follows:
08/21/2010 20:37:52.504 installdb| installFull *ERROR* Prior Cancel or Error Processing installSql (c:\tmp\db\sql\makedb.sql)|

The error number is: [-329]
The error message is: [-329.
]
Sorry. Unable to parse and format record info from log message. Raw Message follows:
[08/21/2010 20:37:54.567 installdb| validateDB *ERROR* SQL Exception [0xfffffeb7] [Failed to connect to datasource: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Unspecified System Error = -329.]|

any recommendations?

any recommendations?

Is a good option, install DMA version 6, and install Cisco Call Manager version 6 and then install de CUCM version 7 ¿?

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing same exact error.

Anyone has solved it?

Thanks

Daniele

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's saying failed to connect to the DB did you perform uninstall and the re install of the software I see you are running cucm 4.2.3 can you let us know the exact ccm version and OS version there was a dma issue that required you to be on a specific ccm OS release. Also have you turned off the Cisco security agent prior to running

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

might want to have a look at the following bug as well

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte01723

you might have to uninstall DMA, upgrade your OS to the latest SR on 2000 4.6 and the reinstall the latest DMA.

see if it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: