Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMA Failure

Hi,

I'm upgrading a 4.2(3) cluster to 8.5.1. I know I can't do this in one step but in fact I'm configuring the 8x from scatch because there is in the same time a important growth of the config.

I just want to use DMA to convert my 4x licupgrade file to 8x DLU's.

DMA always fails because of errors in the database:

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT: 

The error number is:  [-239]

The error message is:  [-239 Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT:

The error number is:  [-239]

The error message is:  [-239 Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX

Suspected Field/Item Is [Unique Index:mx_103_481_690_691_692]

TABLE NAME IS [mgcpdevicemember ]

fkdevice                  '1453e24d-4de3-4c62-8dff-3d3fd4d58b3e'

fkmgcp                    '2fe6cff9-8ad1-405a-bfc2-128afb4db714' Suspected Field/Item Is [Unique Index:mx_103_481_690_691_692]
TABLE NAME IS [mgcpdevicemember ]
fkdevice                  '1453e24d-4de3-4c62-8dff-3d3fd4d58b3e'
fkmgcp                    '2fe6cff9-8ad1-405a-bfc2-128afb4db714'  "

3 messages like that one seem to indicate duplicate data on a SCCP VG248 ports.

I tried to delete theese ports and run DMA again: I got 3 new errors on 3 other ports on the same VG248.

In fact when I look on CCMAdmin I can see mismatch on ports shown through "device/phone/... " and ports shown on "Device/Gateway/VG gateway ..."

Its a very old config, the customer does not know when happened theese mismatches.

My question is: because I use DMA only for licupgrade file and not for using the created informix database, is there a solution to get this file even if there are errors when validating the database ?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY

DMA Failure

When I've done this type of upgrade in the past, I have not run DMA just to get an upgraded license.  Instead, you should be able to send an email to licensing@cisco.com and ask for the DLU Calculator worksheet.  Basically, this is a spreadsheet that you fill out to let Cisco know how many devices of each type are configured on the existing system as well as the number of node licenses you currently have as well.  This information can be used to grant you the upgrade licenses without having to run DMA.  Now, you need to make sure that you have ordered the appropriate upgrades and have received the associated PAKs.  Make sure you give the following information when requesting the DLU calculator:

Cisco Sales Order #

PAK code(s)

MAC Address of OLD Publisher

MAC Address of NEW Publisher (that you need to rehost the licenses too)

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content