Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DNA Installation

When attempting to install DNA, I get an error after entering the Private Password Phrase ("Fail to load WinServices.DLL" , see attachment).

Now, I'm not sure if this is because the Private Password Phrase I've been given is incorrect, or is it because of some other problem, like I don't have sufficient admin rights to install. Does anyone know what the error message means?

How can I tell if the Private Password Phrase that I have been given is indeed correct?

What exactly is the private password phrase used for and why is it required in order to install DNA?

Is it risky to reset the password phrase using the Admin Utility, as documented in a previous posting:

"To change the password phrase

=========================

You can use Adminutility tool to reset the Private password phrase, this tool only runs on

the Publisher and needs to be done after hours since it stops services; here is the path

and the steps to run it.

C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Bin\adminutility.exe

Log into the utility as Administrator and select the very top checkbox to select all

accounts. Then go to Options and Set new password

It will ask you for the password phrase, and the tool will run, everything keeps working

fine after the tool finishes."

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: DNA Installation

I have found the answer to the first question here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080707d7b.html

DNA must be installed on a Publisher or Subscriber.

Re: DNA Installation

You are most likely trying to install the program on a workstation and not on a member server in the cluster.

From the Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer Guide:

Dialed Number Analyzer installs on Cisco CallManager version 3.3(4) and later.

You can install Dialed Number Analyzer on any Cisco CallManager node in a

cluster, either Publisher or Subscriber. Install Dialed Number Analyzer preferably

on a Publisher.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content