cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do Active LDAP Synchronized Users need to have a last name in AD?

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

Alright so, just to hopefully clarify, our AD team has adopted a new way of creating users for a particular department. This particular department has a very high turnover rate (it seems to be a jumping pad for young careers or something) and instead of constantly creating new accounts, removing them, having the techs create profiles and having us redo phones, they decided to instead make more permanent accounts in AD and just name them by job position.

In our environment we have CUCM 10.5.2 and it syncs its user base with LDAP and all that good stuff. HOWEVER, these accounts that are named just by the position (marketing, bookkeeper, programs, etc.) never show in the user list on CUCM. I have had the AD people comb through and look for discrepancies and it is by all intents and purposes exactly the same as say, my account. Yet they never show on the list. They want to be able to use Jabber like the rest of our environment, and we would like to be able to do so without creating local users, but they can't get in, if they aren't showing in the list and have a directory uri.

The only noticeable difference I have seen is that these accounts have no last name, and all the rest of the accounts do. Is that the missing link? Anybody who understands AD/LDAP/CUCM integration better than I know?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2 Replies 2

Last name is mandatory for AD sync. Without it users won't be added to CUCM. 

See the snapshotScreen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.51.08 PM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: