cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do i need MTP and ANN for remote branches?

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have one cluster v7.1.3 with six servers distributed in two main sites. Main site 1 is having the publisher server and two subscribers and main site 2 is having 3 subscribers. and i have centralized call processing for more than 100 remote branches connected through WAN.

I am doing design at this stage with some testing in Lab and iam planning the media resources for the main site users and the branch users. Iam having the branch users with CUE serving the branch users as voice mail and AA. Also the gateway should function as SRST.

i am planning to have hardware resources for the branch users (local gateways) and software resources for main sites users.

note: iam not planning to use the publisher server for any MRG

since i have six servers, i am planning the following:

Main site 1  MRG: MTP2, MTP3, MTP4, MTP6, MTP6, MOH2, MOH3, MOH4, MOH5, MOH6, SW-CONF2, SW-CONF3, SW-CONF4, SW-CONF5, SW-CONF6, ANN2, ANN3, ANN4, ANN5, ANN6

Main site 2 MRG: MTP4, MTP5, MTP6, MTP2, MTP3, MOH4, MOH5, MOH6, MOH2, MOH3, SW-CONF4, SW-CONF5, SW-CONF6, SW-CONF2, SW-CONF3, ANN4, ANN5, ANN6, ANN2, ANN3

BR101 MRG: BR101XCODE1, BR101HW-CONF1

BR102 MRG: BR102XCODE1, BR102HW-CONF1

and so on for remaining branches

note: MTP2 is for first subscriber in main site 1, MTP3 is for second subscriber in main site 1, MTP4 is for first subscriber in main site 2 and so on.

since this is one cluster then iam having the local media resources as primary in the MRG for main site 1 and the other site as secondary media resources and vice versa for the main site 2 (as defined above)

is what iam planning right? and what about the ANN and MTP for the branches, do i need it and if yes in what way and how to configure?

regards,

Ibrahim

3 Replies 3

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i did some modification as follows:

site1-MRG: MTP2, MTP3, MOH2, MOH3, SW-CONF2, SW-CONF3, ANN2, ANN3, HQXCODE1

site2-MRG: MTP4, MTP5, MOH4, MOH5, SW-CONF4, SW-CONF5, ANN4, ANN5, K10XCODE1

BR101 MRG: BR101XCODE1, BR101HW-CONF1

BR102 MRG: BR102XCODE1, BR102HW-CONF1

And so on for remaining branches

Site1_List media resource group list and assign media resource groups in this order: site1-MRG, site2-MRG

Site2_List media resource group list and assign media resource groups in this order: site2-MRG, site1-MRG

BR101_List media resource group list and assign media resource groups in this order: BR101-MRG

Result: With this arrangement, phones in site1 use the Site1_List resources before using the site2_List resources and phones in site2 use site2_List resources before using the site1_List

is what iam planning right? and what about the ANN and MTP for the branches, do i need it and if yes in what way and how to configure?

regards,

Ibrahim

Looks like your on the right track.  Just make sure that ANN and MTP resources are somehow available to the branch.  You'll likely want to add them to the resource group of leave some in the "none" MRG so that everyone can access them at a last resort if needed if you prefer.

thanks for the reply.

do i realy want ANN and MTP for branch users? iam not so much aware in which situation they are used.

note that iam using G729 over the WAN. What codec does the ANN and MTP use and does it work in my case?

regards,

Ibrahim