cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I Need to Restore CUCM 7.1(3) Subscribers after Publisher Rebuild & Restore?

gridnutter
Level 1
Level 1

I know that in 6.x you can rebuild a Publisher, restore the databse via DRS and the Subscribers will sync back up..

However the DR Guide for 7.1 seems to suggest that Subscriber nodes also need to be restored from DRS after a Publisher has been rebuilt and restored..

Any help clarifying this greatly appreciated!

Regards

Craig

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What scenario are you looking at from here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_1_2/drsag712.html#wp72076?  From the section Restoring the First Node Only, it doesn't say you have to restore the subscribers.  Let me know what section isn't clear and I'll take another look.

This section: Restoring the First Node only (Rebuilding the Publisher Alone)

The title suggests no further action needed after rebuild...

Section13 backs this up with:

Restoring the first node restores the whole Cisco Unified Communications Manager database to

the cluster. This may take up to several hours based on number of nodes and size of database that

is being restored.

However Step 14 of the same section states:

When the restore status indicates 100 percent, continue with the Restoring Subsequent Cluster Nodes (With or Without Rebuild) section on page 16

If section 13 is correct - are any reboots required to kick off the replication?

Craig

Unless you have an issue with a Sub, then you restore the Publisher DB.  The rebuilding of the Subs from there is via replication.  You will be forced to reboot after the DRS restore and that will get your replication moving.  You can then monitor status thru RTMT (my favorite), CLI, or CU Reporting.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Oh yes, I didn't follow the link there.  As David said the reboot of all servers is needed documented by http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq24852, that will kick off replication again to get the databases in sync with the resotred publisher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: