cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do not display the CfwdAll number on the phone display

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I have a unique request that is being asked by a customer that i am not sure if this is possible.

The customer is requesting that when you hit your CFwdAll button and forward your line to your cell phone for instance that the number of cell phone is not displayed on the phone front. This will be due to privacy issues.

So for instance, if the CEO forwards his phone to his house phone, you would not want somebody to come up to his phone (if possible) and see the personal number that the line has been forwarded to.

Any ideas?

I have looked through the service and enterprise parameters but have not found anything that is glaringly obvious. I am hoping some of the gurus on here could lead me in the right direction. Thanks again!

Matt

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK we do not provide any way to hide it

Not sure if there might be a way since this is a SCCP message that is sent to the phone after validating the CFA CSS can reach the DN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Yes this is possible. Here is how you would do it:

1. Create a new partition called CFAIDBlock_PT

2. Create a new CSS called CFAIDBlock_CSS

3. Assign the CFAIDBlock_PT to the CFAIDBlock_CSS.

4. Create a translation pattern of 81XXXXXXXXXX. This is how it is set up on ours, because you dial an 8 and a 1 to get out.

5. Set the partition to CFAIDBlock_PT.

6. Set the CSS to a CSS that can call out.

7. Set the "Calling Line ID Presentation" to Restricted

8. Set the "Calling Name Presentation" to Restricted

9. Set the Connected Party Transformations" to Restricted

10. Set the "Connected Name Presentation" to Restricted

11. Set the "Called Party Transform Mask" to be the exact same number of the translation pattern, so 81XXXXXXXXXX.

12. Go to the extension you would like to hide the CFA of. Set the CSS of the CFA to CFAIDBlock_CSS.

You're all set. I've tested this.

Please rate if this helped.

It seems that this is to restrict the caller id of the forwarded call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/phone_a_to_z/english/administration/guide/az_adm.html#wp77122#wp77122

According to the above link under Call Forward All the information states:

Call Forwarding

Allows you to specify forwarding treatment of incoming calls:

•Configurable display-Configure the information that is displayed when a phone is forwarded. The information is configurable on a per line appearance basis.

It sounds like this is possible according to the above.

At least reading what Chad proposed i would also believe that is to modify the CLID and ANI when the FW happens, i would need to try it out to find out exactly what happens.

To the best of my understanding:

•Configurable display-Configure the information that is displayed when a phone is forwarded. The information is configurable on a per line appearance basis.

Refers to this fields on line config

Forwarded Call Information Display on Device SEPXXXX

Caller Name

Caller Number

Redirected Number

Dialed Number

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the clarification on that point. I guess its really just a misinterpretation of the guide.

Thanks again for your help!

The instructions above will block both. If you want to show the CEO the calling number, follow this process:

Yes this is possible. Here is how you would do it:

1. Create a new partition called CFAIDBlock_PT

2. Create a new CSS called CFAIDBlock_CSS

3. Assign the CFAIDBlock_PT to the CFAIDBlock_CSS.

4. Create a translation pattern of 81XXXXXXXXXX. This is how it is set up on ours, because you dial an 8 and a 1 to get out.

5. Set the partition to CFAIDBlock_PT.

6. Set the CSS to a CSS that can call out.

7. Set the Connected Party Transformations" to Restricted

8. Set the "Connected Name Presentation" to Restricted

9. Set the "Called Party Transform Mask" to be the exact same number of the translation pattern, so 81XXXXXXXXXX.

10. Go to the extension you would like to hide the CFA of. Set the CSS of the CFA to CFAIDBlock_CSS.

Again, I've tested this. It works.

Please rate the post if it helps.

I did try your suggestion to just verify. This does not hide the number that is actually displayed on the front of the phone when put into call forward all mode. I followed the above exactly and after applied and reset, i still see the number on the front of the phone.

thanks for the reply....I hope to get this working.

Wait, so when I hit CFA on my phone, I see the number on my phone that it is forwarded to. That is what you want to hide? If so, this is not possible. I thought you were wanting to hide the call-forward number from displaying on the phone that was calling the CEO so they couldn't see his home phone/cell number it was forwarded to. It's not possible to hide the CFA number on the physical phone that is doing the forwarding.

Please rate if this helps.

Thanks! I was hoping there was something i could do to get this working.

What you could do, and it's not scalable, is set up a CTI route point which is CFA to his cell. Say, extension 1000. When he wants to CFA to his cell, he CFA's his phone to 1000. Extension 1000 is CFA to his cell. It's definitely not scalable and you'd have to have a separate extension on that CTI device for each place he wants forwarded, but then people would only see "Forwarded to 1000" instead of the actual number. Put the 1000 extension in a partition that only the CEO's CFA CSS can reach.

So for example:

Create a partition CEO_CFA_PT.

Create a css CEO_CFA_CSS. Assign the created partition to it.

Create a CTI route point. Put extension XXXX there. Put it in the new partition. Go into the line and set the CFA CSS to a CSS that can call out with the CFA number to his cell.

Go to the CEO's extension and set the CFA CSS to the CEO_CFA_CSS. This way, only his forwarding can call his cell, home, whatever number you want.

It's a lot of work, but it's the CEO.

Ya, we were thinking the same thing as a workaround but probably easier to use a translation pattern to accomplish this.

Another option would be to configure Mobile Connect for the user. The Remote Destination information is in no way visible on the phone. In UCM 7.0+ the Mobility soft key allows a user to turn the feature on/off as needed so he can selectively engage it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

Once again, another idea we had thrown around. (5 points though for at least giving some helpful input though!) But you really lose the dynamics of being able to forward to a number that is not already configured in your remote destination profile.

The user can log into the ccmuser page and change his remote destination number at any time. This is another step for the end user though.