Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does BLF is supported in CM4.3

Dear all,

I have a CM 4.3 and there is a secretary that want to know the status of her manager before transfering calls to him. i know that BLF addresses this issue, and i did it before using the presence feature in CM 6. can i make this jsut like the presence feature in CM6 as i know this feature is only supported starting from CM5 and later.

so how could i acheive this target with BLF in CM4.3??

thanks

4 Replies 4

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

No, it isn't. BLF is only available from 5.0 and higher.

But you can monitor line status using TAPI or JTAPI and push information about it to assistant computer or phone (xml push)

There are some ready solutions like IPMA or http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-desktop.html.

actually you're both wrong about the versions. CUCM 5.X does not have BLF.

BLF was introduced in CCM 4.2 and since 5.X is based on 4.1 it's not there.

BLF can be found on CCM 4.2(x), CUCM 6.x/7.x.

only those have BLF and the behavior from 4.2 with linux appliances is not the same. 4.2 uses BLF exclusively for directed call park monitoring and not to monitor other lines.

the only way to achieve what you want is to use shared lines, IPMA or AC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have to side with Piotr here as BLF is available in CM 5.X and on.

BLF was introduced with CM 5.0 and was never part of CM 4.2, perhaps you are confused with Directed Call Park feature as sometime it's refered as Directed call park BLF, however true ability to configure phone button as BLF line is avaialble in CM 5/6/7.

HTH,

Chris

thanks to all of you java and Chris, actually i was confused with the BLF in CM4.3, but now i understanded that BLF is used in a different manner in CM4.3 than its use in the presence feature which is supported starting from CM5.thanks again for your attention.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: