cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CUE support +E164

bmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

Does CUE support +E164 extensions for mailbox's as well as CTI ports /Pilot number ?                  

4 Replies 4

Jason Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the answer is yes.  Assuming a CUCM integration given your CTI ports you should be able to assign E164 to patterns on those devices inside CUCM.  CUE itself has an E164 field under the user that allows you to provide not only and internal extension, but also a E164 number for user identification. 

HTH,

Jason

Thanks Jason, what about the + ?  Does it support the + as well? so extensions are \+1617111XXXX and the CTI ports and route points are \+16171112233..

Thanks again for your reply..

The CTI ports are being connected by CUCM so I dont' think the CUE device even sees the dialed CTI number.  It just sees the CTI communication from CUCM to enable the call.  I don't think you'll have any issues there.

I'm not sure if the actual E164 number can be imported in use in the Primary Extension field.  There is an option for other where you might be able to configure it. 

If you can't I would configure the E164 number under the Primary E164 Number field.  This should allow calls to that number to be routed to the mailbox and calls in from the number to be forwarded to the login menu. 

In this document they have some more info that covers how to use the E164 field to accomplish being recognized from nubmers other than the DN.  In your case the DN is the E164 number, but they may still apply if necessary.

Thanks,

Jason

Forgot that it does see the CTI ports during setup.  Sorry, it has been awhile since I set a CUE up.  Worst case you can use transformations to strip down the E164 to 4 digits if not supported. 

Forgot to attach the link as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuevmdes.html

HTH,

Jason