cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Phone NTP Server reference change my licensed files, (CUCM)?

Hi all,

Good day.

I just wanted to know of on my CUCM Admin web page, on PHONE NTP REFERENCE, if adding or deleting NTP's does make my CUCM to re-host my active licensed files.

Because I changed the NTP server on the CLI call manager, (delete it and added one). And now all my licenses are invalid

I have a few more questions.

Which are the differences between of the Phone NTP Reference Server and NTP reference servers (CLI)?

Which one I do not must change?

If mi licenses say "Invalid", what is the worst case scenario could happen with my current configurations of IP Phones/GW/GK/Trunks/CSS?

Thanks in advice.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you are using a UCS server,,,

The license MAC is generated by hashing the following user-configured parameters:

◊ Time zone

◊ NTP server 1 (or ?none?)

◊ NIC speed (or ?auto?)

◊ Hostname

◊ IP Address (or ?dhcp?)

◊ IP Mask (or ?dhcp?)

◊ Gateway Address (or ?dhcp?)

◊ Primary DNS (or ?dhcp?)

◊ SMTP server (or ?none?)

◊ Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

When you change any of the parameters that create the license MAC,  the license that you obtained with it becomes invalid. You must request a  rehosting of the license to obtain a valid license. The old license  continues to work for a 30-day grace period.

#

To rehost your licenses, you must open a case with the licensing team. Contact the licensing team at licensing@cisco.com.

#

During  the grace period, you can change the settings back to the licensed  values to make your original license valid again. If you need more than  30 days of grace period, change your settings back to the licensed  values, then change them back to the new values that you want to use.  You will get another 30- day grace period.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you are using a UCS server,,,

The license MAC is generated by hashing the following user-configured parameters:

◊ Time zone

◊ NTP server 1 (or ?none?)

◊ NIC speed (or ?auto?)

◊ Hostname

◊ IP Address (or ?dhcp?)

◊ IP Mask (or ?dhcp?)

◊ Gateway Address (or ?dhcp?)

◊ Primary DNS (or ?dhcp?)

◊ SMTP server (or ?none?)

◊ Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

When you change any of the parameters that create the license MAC,  the license that you obtained with it becomes invalid. You must request a  rehosting of the license to obtain a valid license. The old license  continues to work for a 30-day grace period.

#

To rehost your licenses, you must open a case with the licensing team. Contact the licensing team at licensing@cisco.com.

#

During  the grace period, you can change the settings back to the licensed  values to make your original license valid again. If you need more than  30 days of grace period, change your settings back to the licensed  values, then change them back to the new values that you want to use.  You will get another 30- day grace period.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

The phone NTP reference does not affect the license.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime,

He changed the NTP server from CLI..

Because I changed the NTP server on the CLI call manager, (delete it and added one). And now all my licenses are invalid 

Yes, but he originally asked if changing the phone NTP reference changed the license file

I just wanted to know of on my CUCM Admin web page, on PHONE NTP REFERENCE, if adding or deleting NTP's does make my CUCM to re-host my active licensed files.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

NO it doesnt

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thank you very much for your time to write me back!, I did myselft to comprobe the sentence of "another 30 days trial", that is awesowe, and now I am full aware that after the period of grace, the proces of Cisco Call Manager just stops.

Oakanwalon and Jaime Valencia, thank you!

Kind regards!

Hi, is this also true for v9 with new generate license request method?

No, the licensing for v9 uses ELM, hence there is no license MAC..Its completely different

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: