ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

I configured MOH for SCCP buti can't find any config for the SIP Phones

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what system, cucm or cme? Are you enabling multicast orunicast MOH? Either way 9971 supports it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The System is CME . I'd like to enable MOH and doesn't matter if it's Unicast or Multicast

I can't even see the Hold softkey when i issue a call from the 9971 phone

MoH is not supported for SIP Phones with CME. Pls have a look at " Table 12-2 Cisco Unified IP Phone Features "

Pls rate the post, if it helps.

GP.

Checkout this too http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1019239

Restrictions

Music on hold (MOH) is not supported for call hold invoked from a SIP phone. A caller hears only silence when placed on hold by a SIP phone.

Pls rate the post, if it helps.

GP.

Does that mean the cisco 9971 sip phone doesn't have HOLD softkey and we can't even configure unicast MOH

I've not configured 9971 or any SIP Phone with CME as of yet but as per the documentation provided earlier, you should be able to see the Hold key. But whenever the SIP phone presses hold key, no MOH will be played to listener, as MoH to SIP phones is not yet supported on CME.

Restrictions :

Music on hold (MOH) is not supported for call hold invoked from a SIP phone. A caller hears only silence when placed on hold by a SIP phone.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

kurmai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

9971 doesn't have a hold softkey, it has a hard buttonfor hold:) It's at the bottom right corner of the phone, the symbol of the hold button is a handset laying on a surface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: