cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

download license file

terryabbott
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to download license files from our Call Managers to store them in a safe place should we have a failure. How can I get the files downloaded from the CUCM? The original files that were uploaded are not available.

Thank you,

Terry

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is no option to download from CUCM as far as know but you can open each license file and copy paste to new txt file.

Rate if this help.

View solution in original post

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry!

The licenses are stored on this path: /usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/

However, you'll need to get root access from TAC to access that directory. You can use the list command "ls" to see which license files

were uploaded to the server:

"ls /usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/"

And see if you can download them with a get command or something, I haven't tried that myself, but the only one that can provide root

access is TAC. Usually they need to see that the customer is hitting a bug that requires root access to generate one. Anyway, you can ask and see if they can help you out.

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

There is no option to download from CUCM as far as know but you can open each license file and copy paste to new txt file.

Rate if this help.

Yeah, I guess that's the easiest way :)

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry!

The licenses are stored on this path: /usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/

However, you'll need to get root access from TAC to access that directory. You can use the list command "ls" to see which license files

were uploaded to the server:

"ls /usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/"

And see if you can download them with a get command or something, I haven't tried that myself, but the only one that can provide root

access is TAC. Usually they need to see that the customer is hitting a bug that requires root access to generate one. Anyway, you can ask and see if they can help you out.

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate! :)