Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Download Phone Firmware form CUCM by TFTP

Hi all,

I have to download a Cisco Phone Firmware from CUCM.

Would you mind to help me how to do this ?

Thanks in advance

CHAM

1 REPLY

You would need to know the

You would need to know the exact names of all the phone firmware files. Once you have that, you can either turn on the "TFTP Client" service on Windows 7 or use your router to download the files, using TFTP.

Windows 7:

1.) Click the 'Start Menu' and then the 'Control Panel' button. 

NOTE: If you cannot locate the 'Control Panel' button follow these instructions, otherwise skip to step 2.):

• Right click on the 'Start Menu' button
  • Left click the 'Properties' option
  • Left click the 'Customize...' button at the top right corner of the window that appears
  • Locate the 'Control Panel' option (options are in alphabetical order)
  • Beneath the 'Control Panel' option, there are three radio buttons
    • 'Display as a link'  (When this option is selected, the 'Control Panel' button will open a new window when clicked)
    • 'Display as a menu'  (When this option is selected, hovering the cursor over the option causes a sub-menu to open)
    • 'Don't display this item'  (The 'Control Panel' option is not available in the 'Start Menu')
  • Choose the desired radio button and click 'OK'
  • Click 'OK' on the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' window

2.) Double click on the 'Programs and Features' option

3.) Click on the 'Turn Windows Features On or Off' option

4.) A new window will appear.  Place a check mark in the 'TFTP Client' option and click 'OK'

5.) A window will appear with a status bar.  Once this windows disappears, the TFTP client has been activated

tftp [-i] [Host] [{get | put}] [Source] [Destination]

Parameters

-i : Specifies binary image transfer mode (also called octet mode). In binary image mode, the file is transferred in one-byte units. Use this mode when transferring binary files. If -i is omitted, the file is transferred in ASCII mode. This is the default transfer mode. This mode converts the end-of-line (EOL) characters to an appropriate format for the specified computer. Use this mode when transferring text files. If a file transfer is successful, the data transfer rate is displayed.

Host : Specifies the local or remote computer.

put : Transfers the file Destination on the local computer to the file Source on the remote computer. Because the TFTP protocol does not support user authentication, the user must be logged onto the remote computer, and the files must be writable on the remote computer.

get : Transfers the file Destination on the remote computer to the file Source on the local computer.

Source : Specifies the file to transfer.

Destination : Specifies where to transfer the file. If Destination is omitted, it is assumed to have the same name as Source.

/? : Displays help at the command prompt.

Router TFTP:

router#copy tftp://X.X.X.X/filename flash:

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content