cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Restore error in TFTP .tar file

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

I have made a backup of CUCM 8.0.2c, but when I do a restore on another vmware server with the same specs, I get an error in the logs that the TFTP tar file was partly restored, everything else is restored. I think the error has something to do with a truncated file issue. How important is the TFTP tar file for the restore? My main concern is the actual configurations as I want to upgrade to version 9.1.2. Will new TFTP files be installed when I upgrade? How can I repair the file?

----> BEGIN Standard Error

gunzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated

error writing output file

/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/common/drf/scripts/tftp/tftp_do_restore.py", line 51, in ?

logFile.write(msg)

NameError: name 'msg' is not defined

----> END Standard Error

Regards,

Marcus

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcus,

from the error message, it seems the file is corrupt.

Also, the TFTP folder is important since it contains all necessary Firmware/load of IP phones.

Suggest taking backup again and then,try restoring.

regds,

aman

I have done numerous backups but same error when I restore. My question is will new Firmware/IP Phone loads be copied into CUCM when I upgrade thus over writing existing TFTP folder with new Firmware/IP phone load files? Is it absolutely critical that the TFTP .tar is fully restored with no errors? Will an upgrade not install new files to the TFTP? I have logged a TAC case but I am running out of time.

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

when u upgrade the cluster, u get all new firmwares in TFTP folder.In addition, u also get new IP phone  models which are supported in new CUCM version.

regds,

aman