Views
Helpful
Replies

DS3 to T1/PRI

jeff.heckart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a solution where the carrier is handing out a channelized DS3 for voice. I need to break the DS3 into T1 for PRI.

I have a 7206-NPE225 (non-VXR) with a PA-MC-T3, and a PA-MC-4T1. The plan is to then connect the PA-MC-4T1 card to VWIC2-MFT-T1 cards in a 3845.

I have done some searching, but am not finding much on the side of the 7200 configuration.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 7200 cannot do that. ASAIK, Cisco does not sell a DS3 mux that lets you break T1s off a DS3. You will need a third-party device for that.

If you want to terminate directly voice on the DS3, you can use an AS5350 or 5400 for that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 7200 cannot do that. ASAIK, Cisco does not sell a DS3 mux that lets you break T1s off a DS3. You will need a third-party device for that.

If you want to terminate directly voice on the DS3, you can use an AS5350 or 5400 for that.

Got it. I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the response.

Hi Jeff,

For a Voice DS3 with PRI, you would need to look into the AS5400XM, AS5850, or the newer VGD-1T3.

These are the chassis that would be able to terminate this type of connection. Otherwise, you're looking into some type of hardware MUX that would split this out. If the provider is using NFAS, you would need to be aware of which channels are bound together.

-nick