Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DSP Channel always not in Free state.

Hi

I have a Cisco 2921 router that acts as voice gateway.

We have allocated DSP resources for XCODE and Conf accordingly but the 'show dspfarm all' command give the status of 2 DSP channels as 'Open' at all times.

----------------------------------

SLOT DSP VERSION  STATUS CHNL USE   TYPE    RSC_ID BRIDGE_ID PKTS_TXED PKTS_RXED

0           1        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -
0           1        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -
0           1        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -

0           1        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -
0           1        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -
0           2        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  xcode   1      -         -         -
0           3        28.3.5         UP         1    OPEN  conf   2      -         -         -
0           3        28.3.5         UP         2    OPEN  conf   2      -         -         -
0           3        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  conf    2      -         -         -
0           3        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  conf    2      -         -         -
0           3         28.3.5        UP       N/A  FREE  conf    2      -         -         -
0           3        28.3.5         UP       N/A  FREE  conf    2      -         -         -

Total number of DSPFARM DSP channel(s) 13

----------------

Due to this, even if we have allocated 6 resources for Conference, we can at a time have only 4 after which, we are not able to perform any conferencing.

The IOS of the VG is Version 15.1(4)M4 and we have PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 128 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4 of the router.

Anyone else encountered this issue before ?? Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to make these channels free as the other ones.

Appricate any suggesions and Troubleshooting help

Thanks !

Regards

Joel George

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Joel,Looks like the DSP is

Hi Joel,

Looks like the DSP is stuck.

Can we try to bounce the DSP's in the off hours and check if that brings back the DSP's

test dsp device all all reset

This command will reset the DSP's.

If that does not do the trick, then please try o reboot the gateway and check the status.

Thanks

DJ

Hi, The command did not do

Hi,

The command did not do the trick but when we tried to reset the conference bridge on call manager, it worked.

The issue is repeating though and the quick work around is reset the conf bridge on call manager. Am I missing anything in the config or setup of the DSP.

What logs can I take if I need to contact TAC for permanent fix.

Regards

Joel

Cisco Employee

Hi Joel,If the issue is

Hi Joel,

If the issue is resolved by resetting the conference bridge on callmanager, then most likely it is a bug or the conference resources are not getting deallocated after the call is over. This kind of a scenario requires detailed callmanager service and IP Voice media streaming application service traces for a test call which experiences such an issue.

Details of trace collection are available in the following doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/10124-cm-trace.html

HTH

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content