cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST March 2010 CM 4.1(3)

tdavis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CallManager 4.1(3)sr4b and am having an issue with certain phones updating with the DST.  Mainly my 7940s.  I have applied new firmware and reset the devices to no avail.  Every other phone I have seems to have updated the time just fine (7960, 7961, 7970, etc...).

I will be upgrading to CUCM 7.3 in about 2 months, but that is too long to wait for the fix.  Do I need to upgrade to CM 4.1(3)sr8a for the fix, or is the some type of workaround for the issue, hopefully without putting the affected phones ina seperate TZ or anything.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

The DST note says you need to be past sr4d:

Products Affected

Products Affected

Comments

Cisco Phones - All Cisco Phones

For 7906, 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971, please note additional  workaround

Cisco Unified CallManager - 3.3(x)

Includes SR's 3.3(5)SR2 and below

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.0(X)

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.1(x)

Includes SR's 4.1(3)SR4d and below

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.2(x)

Includes SR's 4.2(3)SR1 and below

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 4.3(x)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 5.0(4)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 5.1(x)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 6.0(x)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/620/fn62669.html

I also saw some old discussion of modifying the SQL table to adjust the dates, possibly workaround if you don't want to load the SR:

17,500 - 24,999 rob.huffman
Currently Being  Moderated
8. Mar 12, 2007 8:31 AM in response  to: pharden
Re: DST on  7940,7960

Hi Phillip,

This problem for 7940's and 7960's was discovered yesterday AM. Here is a  good description of the fix from Mahesh@Cisco (I guess this was part of the OS  Upgrade not mentioned in the Manual Workaround);

If the issue is only with 7940/60 phones, then we have seen a lot of similar  cases today and are working to get a permanent fix to the issue. However as a  workaround, you could resolve it by going into the Start >> Programs  >> Microsoft SQL Server >> Enterprise Manager >> CCM database  >> Table >> "TypeTimeZone" >> Right Click Open Table >>  Return All Rows and manually set the "stddate" and "dstdate" to  "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0" and "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0" respectively for each US timezone.

CM Service needs to be restarted.

From this long detailed thread;

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB?cmd=display_location&location=.1dddd0fe/40

Or, you could just wait a few weeks for them to catch up when they switch on the old schedule..

Mary Beth

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

The DST note says you need to be past sr4d:

Products Affected

Products Affected

Comments

Cisco Phones - All Cisco Phones

For 7906, 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971, please note additional  workaround

Cisco Unified CallManager - 3.3(x)

Includes SR's 3.3(5)SR2 and below

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.0(X)

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.1(x)

Includes SR's 4.1(3)SR4d and below

Cisco Unified CallManager - 4.2(x)

Includes SR's 4.2(3)SR1 and below

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 4.3(x)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 5.0(4)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 5.1(x)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 6.0(x)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/620/fn62669.html

I also saw some old discussion of modifying the SQL table to adjust the dates, possibly workaround if you don't want to load the SR:

17,500 - 24,999 rob.huffman
Currently Being  Moderated
8. Mar 12, 2007 8:31 AM in response  to: pharden
Re: DST on  7940,7960

Hi Phillip,

This problem for 7940's and 7960's was discovered yesterday AM. Here is a  good description of the fix from Mahesh@Cisco (I guess this was part of the OS  Upgrade not mentioned in the Manual Workaround);

If the issue is only with 7940/60 phones, then we have seen a lot of similar  cases today and are working to get a permanent fix to the issue. However as a  workaround, you could resolve it by going into the Start >> Programs  >> Microsoft SQL Server >> Enterprise Manager >> CCM database  >> Table >> "TypeTimeZone" >> Right Click Open Table >>  Return All Rows and manually set the "stddate" and "dstdate" to  "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0" and "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0" respectively for each US timezone.

CM Service needs to be restarted.

From this long detailed thread;

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB?cmd=display_location&location=.1dddd0fe/40

Or, you could just wait a few weeks for them to catch up when they switch on the old schedule..

Mary Beth

Thanks for the speedy reponses and the fix.  I am going out for bid on my new equipment, so don't want to hassle with an update at this time.  I went ahead and applied the SQL fix.  I will be performing a reboot tongiht due to installing the  Data Migration Tool, which will also take care of the service.

I appreciate all the help, and will let you know how things go in the morning.

How did it go with the SQL fix. I have the same issue and do not want to push this ahead

if it does not work.

I just go through making my rounds and checking the 7940s/7960s that were having the time issue.  They all seem to be reporting the correct time, so the SQL did the job nicley.

It seems I still have a couple 7940s who are displaying the incorrect time.  I have tried resetting them and restarting them, but they refuse to update the time.  It is more of a curiosity issue at this point, since they should be catching up to the time in a weeks or so anyway.

hmm - that is odd, it might not be worth the trouble to try factory defaulting one - since they are supposed to be getting their time from the CM, and they are not updating, maybe something is stuck..

Mary Beth

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Luckily, the last service update for CCM is still available for download.  The release notes are basically non-existent but the release date is 03/Nov/2008.  Looks like the SQL fix may worth a shot vs. the CM update.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I did get the latest update for CM 4.1(3) but only wanted to use it in a last resort kind of thing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: