cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Phone Time not updating

cplundberg
Level 1
Level 1

Phone time not updating. CM Server time is correct.

Running CM OS 4.4SR4, CM 4.2.3ES20

83 Replies 83

18 hours later and not all my java based phones are updated. All running newest code too. Oh well.

Hi Chris,

Can you try a **#** reset on your phone to see if it updates? This is a very slow process.

Rob

ok, did that... **#**, saw phone reset, but still shows an hour off :(

Yup, tried the **#**, I also physically unplugged the phone. No dice on either.

I did as Cisco suggested and reset all my phones, CCM service, and NTP service, but no help.

So far I only have one 7970 that has updated itself.

I assume restarting CCM service will cause a disruption... being a hospital I don't wnat to do anything thats going to cause service interruption if I can at all avoid it...

What CM and OS level are you running? Did you have to make any change for the updates to occur?

...I opened a tac case and Cisco told me to do the following (but it didn't work for me)

1. update device pool time zone to a new time zone, reset devices.

2. Change time zone back to correct, reset phones.

3. Reset CCM and NTP services on all CMs.

im running ccm 3.3.3

OSImage 2000 2.4

OS Service Release 2000-2-5sr4

I have a tac case open, but have not heard back yet... We are a hospital, so it will be very difficult to reset all phones...

Where do you reset the CCM and NTP services?

You can reset the CCM service from the CCM Services website or Windows services control panel, but the NTP service can only be reset via the Windows services control panel (start->run->services.msc)

I have 7960, 7940 that have not updated time, but all me 7970 phones have? Any Ideas anyone?

THX

Also **#** no longer works? Anyone know y?

On the newer loads, you need to hit the settings button first and then **#**.

Hi Kenton,

Press the Services button - then **#** This should work. This funtionality changed with later phone firmware loads.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Settings **#** works thanks

yeah, on the newer phone loads you need to go to a submenu (for example hit the services button) and then do **#** to reload.

In newer phone loads you need to press the "services" button first before the **#**.