You guessed it. The time on the phones is wrong!
Im set for NTP reference to hit my Domain Controller, which was patched and has the proper time on it. However the phones rae still an hour behind.
I have reset the date/time group 3 times now with no luck.
Same problem here on 6.0.
7970 phones show the correct time, but we only have two of those. All the rest of our phones are 7940/7960 phones and they are all displaying the time one hour behind after DST went into effect this weekend. All of the device pools are using CMLocal, and CMLocal is configured properly with an accurate NTP reference. Even the server shows the correct date, time, and timezone when I do "show status" from an SSH console.
I opened up a TAC case. Waiting to hear back.
Here is the response I received from TAC:
This issue has been analyzed, root cause has been identified and defect is
"CSCsy25150: CUCM timezone DST date corner case"
This issue has been observed with following CUCM versions :
and following IP Phone models seem to be effected:
7905, 7910, 7912, 7920, 7921, 7935, 7936, 7937, 7940, 7960
While waiting for the fix to be available, you need to apply following
1. From CCMADMIN go to > System > Date / Time Group
2. Create new Date/Time group, name it 'DST-Workaround'
3. Configure a Timezone which is 1 hour ahead of your current timezone.
4. From CCMADMIN go to > System > Device pool
5. Create a New Device pool, name it 'DST-Workaround'.
6. Assign to this device pool the Date/Time group created under step 1.
7. Assign the new device pool to the IP Phones that are displaying the
8. Restart the CCM service on all nodes.
Development is currently working on a patch and we expect it to be available
later this week.
By the way, I have quite a large number of phones in quite a few device pools. It has actually been easier just to create the new date/time group and re-assign all of my device pools to the temporary date/time group and reset devices.