cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST updates -- sketchy at best

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, So I've got a pretty simple setup, all my phones are in the same Device Pool, with the same Date/Time Group (set to central time zone, etc.) I applied all the recommended DST patches LAST march and again in October.

However when DST rolled around this past weekend, not all of my phones updated their time correctly. I've gone through a number of phones that did and ones that didn't update. They are the same model (7961G) with the exact same Phone Load (SCCP41.8-2-1S) and I double-checked the Device Pool and date/time group to make sure they were the same. Yet half my phones show the correct time, and half do not. Ideas? I've already got a TAC call on this, but the guy is either not in the office or is just really bad about communication.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

We went through the same thing last Spring :( The problem is with the phone firmware, the load you are running 8.2.1s was listed in all the DST docs as the required version, unfortunately there was a bug in this version that caused a problem with the DST Update. If you reset the Phones via ccmadmin they will pickup the correct time.

The newer DST notices now indicate 8.2.2sr1 as the minimum Firmware to be DST compliant.

Cisco Unified IP Phone firmware loads:

The 7906, 7911, 7921, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971 phones require a new phone load that incorporates the Daylight Saving Time changes. The necessary phone resolution for 2007 and higher US Daylight Saving Time is present in the following phone loads or Device Packages.

Cisco Unified IP Phone firmware load

8.2(2)sr1 standalone phone load or higher

Please go to the following link to download Cisco IP Phone Firmware:

Cisco IP Phone Firmware (registered customers only)

Device Packs:

3.3(5)DevPack 83 or higher

4.1(3)DevPack 57.1 or higher

4.2(3)DevPack 31 or higher

4.3(1)DevPack 14 or higher

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager device packs downloads are available in the Voice Software Download section under the particular Cisco Unified Communications Manager version you are running.

From this DST Field Notice;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I'm also having issues... except my Call Manager Server has the Right Time, Phones have the right time... yet, My "Time of Day" Script thinks the time is off by 1 hour. (Saying my office is closed) To fix, I need to manipulate the time on CCM... which in turn screws up the phones.

Can you send a link to an "Easy to Understand" document that shows ALL of the patched I need? Sorry, the Cisco site is incredibly complicated... can I just download 1 thing... and it patches everything on CCM?

I'm currently on:

OS 2000.2.7sr5

CCM 4.1(3)sr5d

HELP!

Hi Administrator,

Rob actually answered this question about a page back on these threads. Take a look at this link:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbfdd73

if the link doesn't work, look for a post regarding "Time of Day routing" and "DST".

There's a bug ID listed in there.

Hope this helps you with your issue.

Thanmad,

I appreciate the quick reply... can you throw me a link to download 4.1(3)ES100?

Gents,

I installed CCM 4.1(3)sr6a this morning... that didn't fix it either.

Can you hook me up with a link for the correct download(s)?

Thanks Kindly!

This sounds like my issue. I did my updates (including DevPack) in October 2007, apparently they sent an update 4 days before the time change in November, so i am running a version behind it looks like. Thanks! i'll give this a shot, though I won't really know if it fixes my issue until November. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: