cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF delay

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im trying to narrow down a few issues with DTMF.   While DTMF is working.. it is slow in responding.  Any numbered dialed into the system, if you dial fast, it fails, if you dial slow it works. 

PSTN----2800/MGCP---CUCM 5.x----SIP trunk-----Conference Bridge

MTP is configured and working on the trunk and MGCP (software only CUCM)

I cant recall if there is something in CUCM to fix this in the services.    When we dial from an IP phone, DTMF works fine.  Which kind of points to the router.

Cheers

2 Replies 2

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post your MGCP config and a 'show ver'?  There are a couple of MGCP related DTMF bugs that may be of concern.  When you say it 'fails', is it not recognizing anything, or is it recognizing the wrong thing.  I know there is a bug where DTMF bleeds through in-band, and will cause duplicate DTMF.

Post the information requested, and we can see if you are susceptible to any of these caveats.

Im trying to get the sho ver right now.. for example, conference PIN, if you type fast, it fails.  If you type slow, it works.   I have not done a debug to see if there is duplicates yet or?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: