Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF duplicated in Genesys IVR

Hi all,

I have this sceneario:

PSTN(PRI)---GW---(mgcp)----CUCM 8.5------(sip)-----IVR Genesys   and     CUCM 8.5 ----(sip)------Other IVR  (the CUCM 8.5 is the same node)

When I call from pstn to IVR and I try dtmf , this is duplicated in the IVR. When I try from ip phone, dtmf works fine.

In CUCM , the SIP TK to IVR Genesys is configured with dtmf method RFC2833 and MTP required unchecked.

The  IOS is 12.1.4M4, and is configured with (in CUCM)

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode nse

I found a bug:

DSP isn't told to "turn off" digits with mgcp dtmf-relay nte-gw / nte-ca

CSCta69407

Description

Symptom:
When using mgcp dtmf-relay type nte-gw, a sniffer trace will reveal that digits are sent both in-band (within the audio stream) and out-of-band (dtmf-relay). Because of this, double digits can be seen in Unity and MeetingPlace.

Conditions:
GW with PRI/CAS backhaul via MGCP to CUCM and mgcp dtmf-relay configured to use nte-gw.

Workaround:
Use mgcp dtmf-relay type out-of-band.

I saw any MGCP NTFY message in a capture packet from GW, I used the workaround (Use mgcp dtmf-relay type out-of-band.) and the dtmf duplicated issue was fixed!

Like I need to use dtmf RFC2833 to Other IVR, then  I think that need to force a dtmf rfc2833 only (not permit OOB dtmf)  in the IVR Genesys or change the IOS in the GW to fix the bug....or perhaps there are other recomendation?

Thanks in advance!!!

Iván.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

DTMF duplicated in Genesys IVR

Hi Ivan,

I too had the same issue for which i made the MTP required yes and DTMF is OOB and RFC2833.

later it worked.

I assume that MTP is required because the dtmf method by Genesys is different with CUCM.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content