cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Issues

kishorepv
Level 1
Level 1

There is some DTMF generation problem with the softphone & Hard Phone that causes issues with the conference bridge It is working for 20 - 30 mins after that DTMF is not working

I have checkd the RTMT logs form CUCM.Please find the logs.I am geeting the message like TCP error.

1207509438| 2012/05/18 17:29:36.717| 003| AppError  |                                       |                               | TranslateAndTransport(3,100,16,1450280)|                                 |                                         | H245Log: Process=TranslateAndTransport H245Cause=1011 -- TCP ERROR: H245ListenReq or H245ConnectReq failure, or received SdlCloseInd from H245Handler, Perform cleanup of H245 Session, lastError=16

H245Cause=1011 -- TCP ERROR: H245ListenReq or H245ConnectReq failure, or received SdlCloseInd from H245Handler,

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kishorepv,

How do you know its DTMF related? I dont see how any one can understand 3 lines of log without really knowing what the problem is.

What issues are you having? When does it happen? What is your call setup?

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Aokanlawon,

DTMF is working for 20 - 30 mins  * 6 is for mute and Un Mute,* 0 Is for Operator,After some time If we press the * 6 it is not saying anything & * 0 is also no action.What could be the problem ?

It happening for every call in the Audio bridge.

Hi Aokanlawon,

I have taken the debug from CUCM.It is more than 2 GB. cucm RTMT logs.

What IOS are you running? You may want to upgrade your IOS.

Hi Aokanlawon,

IOS Version - " c3845-adventerprisek9-mz.124-20.T3.bin"

I have looked at that IOS and looks like you are hitting this bug:

CSCsc49582 - Problem sending asterix * in DTMF via PRI gateways

Description

Symptom:
Customer found problems with behaviour where DTMF digits sent between IOS versions via PRI voice
gateways.
Conditions:
Cisco CallManager 4.1(3)sr1
Cisco 3725 IOS MGCP voice gateway with NM-HDV, VWIC-2MFT-E1
Problem happens with 12.3(14)T4, 12.4(2)T1
Customer uses IP Phone and calls PSTN to the alarm system;
alarm system answers and plays DTMF to ip phone user;
ip phone user sends DTMF via keypad, eg: 011204, and receives another DTMF sequence from alarm system;
ip phone user keys '*4' to disconnect the call
Normal conditions the call would be disconnected.
Workaround:
Customer has used 12.3(11)T7 successfully.
Further Problem Description:
When fault occurs call idles out for approx. 30sec before disconnect

So I suggest you upgrade your IOS to a much later version.

Dont forget to rate useful posts

Hi Aokanlawon,

CUCM Version is 7.1.5 Please provide me the excat IOS version.so that i can try.

I understand its cucm 7.1.5. But the symptoms look very similar..So If you want to resolve the issue I suggest you upgrade your ios. There is no other way to explain the problem you are facing. Its intermittent. So its not configuration related. Unless you have some hardware related problems, which I dont know how it will affect dtmf issue, because dtmf is essentially software related (done in IOS).

Recently I had to upgrade my IOS because I had issues with supplementary services working intermittently on calls. Sometimes it works other times it doesnt. Things like this are usually bug related...

It might just be worth you trying to do an upgrade and see if it resolves it..and if it does not then you look further..

Pls rate useful posts

Hi Aokanlawon,

I will  upgrade the IOS and update the status..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: