Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF mismatch issue

Oak Ridge
Level 1
Level 1

I have two clusters of CUCM like this:

IP Phone -------SCCP------CUCM cluster 1 ---------ICT trunk (gk controlled)-------Gatekeeper1------Gatekeeper2 -----ICT trunk (gk controled)------CUCM cluster 2------SIP trunk-----CUBE (to conferencing facility).

SIP trunk is configuured to use RFC 2833.

IP Phone is Cisco 7961 and supports RFC 2833 (confirmed).

SDI traces from CUCM in cluster 2 has the following DTMF mismatchi info:

16:37:59.697 |DET-MediaManager-(51187)::isMTPNeededForMismatchOrConfig, MTPNeededDueToDTMFCapMismatch(2833/OOB) mtpinsertionReason=1 dtmfMTPSide=2|9,100,21,44503.2^13.64.0.17^Port 52275

And due to the DTMF mismatch, an MTP is used.

My questions:

1 Why there is a DTMF mismatch? The IP phone is RFC 2833 supported, and the SIP trunk is RFC 2833 used, Why?

2 Is the ICT trunk anything to do with DTMF?

3 It is found  IP Phones (same model) registered to  CUCM cluster 2 does not have the DTMS mismatch issue. Why?

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It certainly has something to do with the ICT. Your gatekeeper is configured with h323 dial-peers which can only support out of bound dtmf method. Hence you have a sip phone configured for rfc-2833 (inband dtmf) and ICT on outbound..

I had this issue in the past and the way around it is to enable sip kpml on your CUBE.

dial-peer voice 5 voip

dtmf-relay rtp-nte digit-drop sip-kpml

I am not sure whats going on cluster 2. Perhaps rfc2833 is disabled on the phone in that cluster...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: