Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF receiving on IVR-script with SIP-provider

Ilya Geraskin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have implement IVR on our voice gateway 2921. It should work with incoming calls from PSTN through the SP's SIP-trunk. But the SP sends DTMF in band within g711. All calls to IVR are going through gateway to CCM and it forwards them back to gateway's dial-peer with IVR script if is after hours call.

As I understood there should be a MTP for recieve DTMF in band signals. So where it should be configured? On CCM or on the gateway?

Maybe I'm missing something.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should configure your dtmf (rtp-nte) on both of your dial-peers. Your inbound dial-peer to cucm and your outbound dial-peer to CUCM (and vice versa). If you have a seperate dial-peer to your IVR, you should also configure that. You dont need a MTP if your IVR supports the DTMF method your provider uses. If your IVR doesnt support it, then you need a MTP device

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you for answer!

I have rtp-nte applied on all of the dial-peers. IVR script is a simple VXML script. How can I realize do it support in band dtmf or not? Probably it doesn't support this method, so should I configure typical MTP and it will automatically solve the problem?

I suggest you test is first without MTP. If you have issues then use MTP

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: