Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DTMF seems not recognized by POLYCOM MCU.

Dears,

Recently we deployed CUCM8.5 in our customer site but still working on the integration with Polycom MCU RMX 5000. Standalone IOS gatekeeper deployment model is used for the integration, cucm and MCU RMX 5000 both can register to the IOS GK, also ip phones register to the CUCM can dial into the RMX 5000, but when dial the conference ID or virtual room number to create or enter the meeting, and there is no reply from RMX. It seems RMX didn’t receive or understand the digits.

Could you kindly help me about this? If any steps or parameters we lost?

Thanks,

kirin

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

i suppose the call flow is

sccp phone----cucm-----GK----polycom

there is no such configuration on callmanager for dtmf relay.

need to collect detailed cucm trace and packet capture from polycom side to see what is going on.

regards,

Sharon Tom

Hello Sharon,

You are right, the call flow is :

sccp phone----cucm-----GK----polycom MCU

you  mean no dtmf relay supported using this model? what is the default DTMF  type by callmanager? But when I use SIP trunk  to POLYCOM, the DTMF can  be sent but no video is transmitted.

I can't see any  options on polycom mcu side, so only we can do is to change some  parameters on callmanager. But I can't find it:(

Thanks,

Kirin

Cisco Employee

Re: DTMF seems not recognized by POLYCOM MCU.

hi , I would suggest you to invoke cube on your gatekeeper so whe ou make the call from cucm the acf should have the ip of the cube/gatekeeper using the invia zone and the using a dial peer point the setup to the mcu with valid dtmf. The setup you have right now is causing h323 negotiation between mcu and cucm without any mtp if u invoke the ios router the router will be able to interop between cucm As well as the h323 mcu.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content