cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 - 2 questions (Exp. modules?/Button Templates)

TelTechN2deep
Level 1
Level 1

So it appears that either both of these are not possible or no one else knows either!  Any feeback to confirm is appreciated.  Thanks          

I have two questions that pertain to the DX650 model SIP phone.  1st) Does anyone know whether there are expansions modules that can be used for these devices?  2nd)  Is it possible to create custom button templates for these adding additional line/feature ability?  I already know you can of course alter the template.  I guess I'm asking if there's a way to get more line/feature space with either adding an expansion module if they exist or a custom button template.  Currently we have the default standard template w/ 2 line extensions, redial feature, and then space for 12 speed dials.  Much like some 79xx/89xx/99xx models, we'd like the ability for an expansion module or ability for more functions.  From what documents I've read, it doesn't appear to be possible for either.  Anyone know for sure?  Thanks for your feedback               

Message was edited by: Tommy Bull

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Regarding the expansion module support with DX650 i want to add that since there is no mention of expansion module support with DX650 in the datasheet and more importantly when we check the Phone configuration page of DX650 on callmanager administration webpage the 'Expansion Module Information' section is not there, which shows that there is no support for any KEM with DX650 at least for now. You can check with your Account team or open a case with PDI Helpdesk for any roadmap related queries for the same.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Regarding the expansion module support with DX650 i want to add that since there is no mention of expansion module support with DX650 in the datasheet and more importantly when we check the Phone configuration page of DX650 on callmanager administration webpage the 'Expansion Module Information' section is not there, which shows that there is no support for any KEM with DX650 at least for now. You can check with your Account team or open a case with PDI Helpdesk for any roadmap related queries for the same.

HTH

Manish

TelTechN2deep
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the confirmation feedback.  What you're referring to is part of what I based my question(s) from.  I just didn't know if there was a workaround or something coming up in the works that anyone was aware of.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: