Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DX80 and CUCM10... using TMS as alternative phonebook source

Hi Guys,

I know there are nurmerous threads about this on the forums however I am unable to find the answer from all the discussions and documentations..

We have a DX80 registered on our CUCM 10.5.1..

As described in the guides, these CUCM registered TP devices use the UDS server to populate the phone book.. So presently, our DX80 is seeing all end users from a LDAP sync..

It's been mentioned that CUCM registered TP devices can now use TMS as a directory source but Im unable to find the setting within CUCM to tell to it to use TMS as the source.. ?..

Is it an enterprise parameter setting or can it be configured per device ?.. ie.. can our Cisco phone  use the UDS as phonebook source and our DX80s use TMS as an alternative source..

4 REPLIES

Its under the device itself,

Its under the device itself, scroll down a bit on the device configuration page. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc7/administration-guide/administering-endpoints-running-tc70-on-ucm912.pdf

I dont have a DX80 to check but i would check that same spot.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for the reply George.

Thanks for the reply George..

I found the very same document the other day and had been using it for reference.. Unfortunately, DX80s dont fall under a TC based endpoints.. so it doesnt look like using TMS as a source is possible ..

If you have managed it, please say !.

On a side note, whilst browsing through the Settings on the DX80 itself, I found a Cisco Directory Credentials option where it prompts me for my UDS details ( see attached screen shots )..

It does not seem to accept any of my account details to log in.. ( e.g CUCM admin, local user CUCM account or extension mobility account ). 

Any idea what it does as I cannot find any details online for the setting..

Regards

Jon.

That is basically your

That is basically your personal speed dials that can be configured on your DX80, similar to how its done on the phones. I can see why DX80 doesnt support TMS phonebooks since that is supposed to be a personal endpoint. The DX80 is not supported with VCS so again that could be why this functionality never existed.

Please rate useful posts.
VIP Green

I've responded in the other

I've responded in the other thread you've started on the same topic over in the TelePresence section of the forums.  In a nutshell - I've been through a bunch of the admin guides and can't see a way of configuring these devices to get a TMS phonebook like all the other TC software based endpoints do.  But in the longer term I can see why they've done this as they're trying to migrate everyone from the old VCS/TMS world to CUCM and Prime - and leaving TMS as just a sheduling system.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content