cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Cluster Config Enable

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Does someone knows what "Dynamic Cluster Config" parameters is about on CUCM?

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where do you see this parameter?

Manish

On the Cisco Unified Communications Answer File Generator

http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html

Alex

Hi Alex,

There isn't any proper documentation available for this parameter, however as per one of the internal links that i could access it refers to auto registration.

HTH

Manish

HI Manish

Interesting. What auto-registration is referring to?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Please check the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b02autor.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

I do know about phone auto registration but that usually set AFTER you install the server on the GUI interface and installation parameters does not affect ip telephone dial plan/registration parameters. Also, to set autoregistration you have to do more than enabling it, you have to configure the extension range for example.

I suspect this is something different related to CUCM node creation inside de cluster (node registration). Node registration needs to be done manually on the publisher. Could you find out more, please?

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Even i am not fully convinced due to lack of any information in any of the forums or database about this parameter. However, i further looked into the sub-parameters under Dynamic-Cluster-Configuration and checked the info about 'Dynamic Cluster Config Timer which is described as - "This field gives information of the timer value set for auto registration post-install. i.e. this sets the widow by which auto registration needs to be done. Otherwise it defaults to the existing way of adding servers to the server table." So, this seems to be referring to server table entries on the Pub.

If you need any further clarity on this, a TAC case would be a good option.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: