cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dynamic join in hunt groups

epasqualotto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, my customer ask me for a features that I don't know how to implement.

What he want is: three hunt groups with max three dynamic extensions that can login and logout separately for each hunt group.

I look for FAC and ephone-hunt login but a user can't logout from a sigle hunt.

In other word I need three speed-dial that act as login and logout from different hunt-group.

Another good features is the possibility to have different rings for different hunt-group.

I use the last CCME.

I think that if no solution exist the only way is a xml service that is able to change the hunt-group configuration on the VGW via telnet session.

P.S. My customer ask for this features because your current PBX (Alcatel Omnipcx) do this.

TIA

Enrico Pasqualotto

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrico,

if you can do without the requirement of joining from any phone, this can do with multibuttons phones. Simply create dedicated dual-line DNs for the hunt group members, and assign them to additional buttons after the main DN.

Make sure you ephone-template has Hlog is seized state. This way, you will be able to select the hunt group you want to log in or out by pressing the line button before softkey. You will be then also able to set different rings for each hunt-group.

One caveat I've noticed when testing this is that the phone doesn't display selectively the hunt groups you are logged out, and it is slow to refresh state when you are again logged in all.

But, I think this is something Cisco can fix eventually.

On the other hand if all your customer wants is the ability to casually take calls from different places, perhaps a group pickup setup would work better.

Thank you for the reply, I try your solution ASAP and after I post some conf.

Enrico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: