cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

+E.164 and +E164 in SRST

dfergus0n
Level 1
Level 1

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1. We are migrating to the +E.164 format DN's when we upgrade to  CUCM 10.5 from CUCM 8.6.  

Version of IOS on 2851 c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.151-4.M5

In an attempt to test translating the 7 digits we receive from the carrier to the +E.164 format before delivering the call to the CUCM via VoIP Dial-Peers, I added the following commands:

voip-incoming translation-rule called 164

translation-rule 164
 Rule 1 ^904 +1863904

For some reason the Callmanager is negating the + and is only sending 1863904... to the CUCM. I was hoping that I can to the translations to the +E.164 format on the gateway so I would not have to add a translation pattern within the CUCM to add the + prefix to the number. 

Is there any reason why the + sign is being ignored when delivered to the CUCM? I have the correct Partition in the inbound CSS for the +E.164 DN's

2. I'm having an issue routing inbound calls to my E.164 DN's that are in SRST mode. The phones DN's are registered in the +E.164 for mat but I am having difficulties having those phones ring in SRST. I have also added translation profiles with the Call-Manager-Fallback area to no avail. I have only added the important aspects. Again, the carrier is only delivering 7 digits.

call-manager-fallback
dialplan-pattern 1 9041... extension-length 12  (I have also tried +1863904.... extension-length 12)
translation-profile incoming SRST-E164 (These were added to see which one would work)
translation-profile outgoing SRST-E164 (These were added to see which one would work)

voice translation-rule 164
 rule 1 /^904/ /+1863904/
 rule 2 /^1863/ /+1863/ (just for testing)

voice translation-profile SRST-E164
 translate called 164

Anyone has any idea how I can get SRST to work on phones that register with an +E.164 format DN and receive inbound calls from the PSTN?

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

If  I remember correctly, if you are using H323 or MGCP, then the + will be removed. If you have a SIP trunk to CUCM, then the + will be applied. You could add + to the number based on the numbering type if you have H323 or MGCP. This can be done under the device pool level or by using calling/called party transformations under the gateway level as well.

I would say, try to get the dial-peers working with the + sign so that the same logic can be applied to the calls during SRST. You can then apply transformation profile on the ephone template or call-manager-fallback to help with 4/5 digit dialing between phones during SRST. Also, you need SRST 8.5 to support the E.164 formatting.

Please rate useful posts.

George Thomas

Thank you for your prompt reply.

My Gateway is configured using H.323

If my DN's register with the +E.164 I'm still trying to figure out how to get those phones to ring when they are in SRST. I've applied a transformation profile to the call-manager-fallback but no success. My concern initially is just to be able to have these phones register and be able to be reached via the PSTN.