Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 and FXO combination

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a router as voice gateway, which have 1 E1 PRI and 4 FXO, previously i only use PRI as trunk from CUCM 9.x

and then now i will use rest of FXO line too, i have configured in pots setting, then i can call outgoing from certain extention which used for FXO line.

(i make a certain Extention for certain FXOline, and other extention use PRI).

but the extention (in this case i use 760 for FXO in port 0/0/0) cannot receive call from outside.

i attached the router config,

please help

10 Replies 10

Hi Kabiru.

Please activate a debug voice ccapi inout during an incoming all and post the output.

To map an FXO to a single extension, you can also use connection plar command under voice-port so that all incoming calls to that voice port, will be redirected to that extension.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

thanks for your help, i already use connection plar command. but then all outgoing call will go through FXO line not PRI.

then i delete "voice 3 pots" settings after that the extention of 760 can receive call from FXO, but it cannot make outgoing call.

and actually i am in vpn mode to the site, when i telnet the router, the debug command will not show anything.

please help.

Thanks

Hi.

On the router add logging monitor

and logging buffered 4096

and try again to activate the debug.

Thanks

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

thanks alot, really appreciate your help.

i attached the debut output, i tested call out from 760 to 0812801xxxxx and call-in to 29058xxx from it.

please read the result,

thanks

Hi Kabiru.

Please add under voice service voip:

allow-connections h323 to h323

Activate debug vpm all and debug voip dial-peer inout

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Hi kabiru,

Call is going out through the PRI and as per logs it is diconnecting in PRI and gateway leg first with cause code 28 which means number format is invalid.

Jan 20 10:07:17.343: //2028/00BEFBA2604B/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnected:

Cause Value=28, Interface=0x1517C1AC, Call Id=2028

--- Cause No. 28 - invalid number format (address incomplete).---

It looks like the called number (081280152324) and its type/plan we are sending to PSTN (PRI) is not correct due to which service provider is disconnecting the call. Can you confirm we should be sending called number as

081280152324 over PRI or we have add or remove some number?

Collect below mentioned debugs for a test call

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

debug vpm signal

Also could you explain the issue in detail? In the initial note you mentioned inbound calls to FXO port are failing but from logs it looks like normal call is made from IP phone to PSTN. Is the call flow like

IP phone -> CME -> PRI (0/3/0) ??

Regards,

Mohit Singh

Hi carlo,

thanks for your help, but it seems still problem.

Hi Mohit,

thanks, my purpose was a IP Phone (in example 760) will in/out to the PSTN through FXO, and others will common use PRI, so the FXO is special line for special phone.

i attached more, debugging result you required.

many thanks for help

As per logs your call is still going out of PRI not FXO. If your requirement is to map the FXO link to one ephone (7960) then I will suggest you to configure ephone-dn "trunk". With trunk configuration you can directly seize FXO port by pressing the line button on IP phone. Below are some link for your reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_t1ht.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/291145

Hi Kabiru.

Can you confirm that extension 760 is receiving calls correctly?

To let the extension 760 to use FXO 0/0/0 for outgoing calls, you can use a prefix number on dedicated Route Pattern on CUCM.

You can create a CSS for extension 760 (Eg. CSS_760) a partition including dedicated Route Pattern with prefix digit (Eg. OUT_760)

Create a route Patter like 9.! put it on partition OUT_760 select Discard Digits pre-dot option and apply  prefix digits (outgoing Eg. 777)

On VG create a dialpeer matching that prefix

dial-peer voice 777 pots

destination-pattern 777T

port 0/0/0

in this case Extension 760, will always use Fxo to dial the PSTN.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

i tried mohit and carlo ways, but it still only can incoming but outgoing failed (i think the connection plar is working well)

i attached the result, after i added trunk group for FXO on port 0/0/0, and use prefix number for the phone through CUCM i didn't use ephone command (as this is not CME).

please more help. btw thanks so much for assit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: