cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1-CAS R2 - inbound call issue

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I have an CUCMBE6 with an 2821 as h.323 gateway for an E1-CAS R2. The outgoing call work fine but the incomming call are not working.

I have the following dial-peers and the default country. Attached the two debugs, one for incomming call test and another for outgoing call test:

==============================

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:10.240.227.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/2/0:0

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

incoming called-number 7..

!

dial-peer voice 4 voip

destination-pattern 7..

session target ipv4:10.240.227.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

I will apreciate your help.

RJB.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

so based on the above config u seem u have configured the CUCM corectly again check the significat digits make either 3 or all in ur case if u recieve only three digits

and u have the folowing dial peer

dial-peer voice 3 pots

this dial peer will send only last two digits to the CUCM while u need the 7 at the biging to match the number

what u need to add is

dial-peer voice 3 pots

direct-inward-dial

this way u will sen the whole number u recive to the voip dial peer that has 7.. and this voip dial peer will forward it to ur CUCM

also have a look at ur partitions and CSS make sure that ur gateway has the right CSS to make a call to internals phones if u have configured it

if u able to make outgoing calls then u dont have problem with DSPs !

by the way u can make the translationthing not on the gateway level but on a separate translation pattren (optional) but recomended!

good luck

View solution in original post

but i have a doubts....

in the pots dialpeer must I put direct-inward-dial with forward-digits all together ?.

then answer is u can use the same dial-peer as incoming and outgoing at the same time so no problem

the call will come to the port fine DID then will look for outgoing dial peer

that incoming

and u send the call from CCM exit from ur voip dial peer then will look for outgoing dial peer once it find one like ur pots

here the forward digit all will work

good luk

if helpful Rate

if u have any more quiestions just post it here:)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

how many digit u recieve from the PSTN and how many u send to the CUCM

if u send all the digit to the CUCM

make sure from the follow

u need to add to ur pots dial peer

direct-inward-dial command to take to whole number

for example

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern .T

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

then

if use for example 3 digits from internal numbers make sure that have selcted number 3 in the signifcante digits in the gateway setting page in the cucm

by the way th matching with T will take longer time to establish a call but it works

so if u use more spisific match better

if u want post me here the numbing paln for incoming and outgoung and i will give u the config

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Im receiving 3 digits from the pstn (700-799 range). the dial-peer pots that i have has an incoming-called number 7.. pattern. The cucm receive only the las two because the 7 is stripped, then the cucm add the 504 prefix in the h323 gw configuration for inbound calls.

The internal numbers for the ip phones are between the 50400-50499 range, the last two digits match with the last two digits received from the pstn.

Question.. if I using incoming-called number 7.. in the POTS and if I add direct-inward-dial to this POTS, must I forward all digits including the exact match ? (number 7).

For outbound calls I have several route-patterns , for example i have 0.8XXXXXX for local calls. 0.09XXXXXXXX for national calls and so on... all those route patterns are in a route list and route group pointing to the 2821 gateway using h323.

Outbound calls to 0.8XXXXXX for example are working fine, my problem is with incomming call. I dont sure if the problem is, inbound dialpeer, transconding, h323, h225,h245 problem. The debug show all the interregisters exchange are ok, i seing the interregister digits , the ANI and the DNIS, but for some reason those digits are not passing to the cucm.

There is an error in other debug I have and looks like DSP error, it say someting like INVALID INPUT.

so based on the above config u seem u have configured the CUCM corectly again check the significat digits make either 3 or all in ur case if u recieve only three digits

and u have the folowing dial peer

dial-peer voice 3 pots

this dial peer will send only last two digits to the CUCM while u need the 7 at the biging to match the number

what u need to add is

dial-peer voice 3 pots

direct-inward-dial

this way u will sen the whole number u recive to the voip dial peer that has 7.. and this voip dial peer will forward it to ur CUCM

also have a look at ur partitions and CSS make sure that ur gateway has the right CSS to make a call to internals phones if u have configured it

if u able to make outgoing calls then u dont have problem with DSPs !

by the way u can make the translationthing not on the gateway level but on a separate translation pattren (optional) but recomended!

good luck

Your first answer was enough to solve my issue. now is in producction and i cannot make tests, but i have a doubts....

in the pots dialpeer must I put direct-inward-dial with forward-digits all together ?.

Thansk

but i have a doubts....

then answer is u can use the same dial-peer as incoming and outgoing at the same time so no problem

the call will come to the port fine DID then will look for outgoing dial peer

that incoming

and u send the call from CCM exit from ur voip dial peer then will look for outgoing dial peer once it find one like ur pots

here the forward digit all will work

good luk

if helpful Rate

if u have any more quiestions just post it here:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: