Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 head Number assignment

Hi All,

I've configured my E1 port on cucm but when i try to dial outside i got a dis order tone, when i contact the SP provider they told me that i've to register the head number they game to the e1. please guide me how can i do that ?

best regards

kennedy

25 Replies 25

what is A number ? and how do you configure it ?

Hi Kennedy

please follow the below:-

1- you need to reconfigure your VG as MR/Chrysostomos advise above , please take the above configuration which he already postes.There will be no configuration requred on yr GW.

2-On your CUCM , please go to your GW and check if your GW is registered .Please screen shot for the screenshot for your GW configuration on your CUCM.

3-Configure route group which will contain the registered Gateway.

4-Configure Route list which will include the configured RG on step 3.

5-Configure route pattern which will match  your dialed number. use 9.XXXXXXXX as example and predot.

6-before dial any number check the below on your VG

show isdn status , sh ccm-manager

7- dial a call and test

thank you

please rate all useful information

He does need dial peers and to switch to h323, we do not support partial PRI with MGCP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

Where is documented  that

And why is not supported

I agree with you that h323 or sip is better but ....

Please rate all useful posts 

Regards
Chrysostomos

""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

chrysostomos1980 wrote:

Jaime

Where is documented  that

And why is not supported

I agree with you that h323 or sip is better but ....

Documented in many places, just do a search.

Ok

Its not supported but it has a workaround about that

Agree with you also that h323 is the best solution here

set "enable status poll" parameter on the ccm. (cc gateway configuration)

2. on the ccm service parameter: change in advanced mode and fill out the "B-Channel Maintenance Status " field.

this could be:

S0/DS1-0@0123456789ABC = 0000 0000 0111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 (32 bits for E1 or 24 for T1).

0-means in Service

1-means out of Service

The signalling channels (15-E1 or 23-T1) are not affected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008076f8d2.shtml

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

@Java: You can still do it by putting your B Channel out of service and the current command it works with the new IOS. Not officially supported, but this is how it is accepted and heard it is now valid for different testing as well.

I dont think this is an issue with the Gateway. The gateway is sending the call out. The problem is with the calling number being sent out. The outbound call does not send called number and therefore the call would fail.

Can you please share the snapshot of Route Pattern which you are hitting. Also, can you run dial plan report for the number you are dialing.

Hi All,

Do i have to configure my E1 port for loop start or ground start on the MGCP gateway to be able to call to PSTN ?

best regards

Kennedy

Neither, E1 PRI is a TDM circuit. Loop start and ground start are specific to analog trunks such as FXO and FXS.

when i call from my cell phone to the office (E1) i can see that my number got reached at the gateway by debugging. so what did i do wrong ? is ther a special configuration for E1 to to call to pstn ? please help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: