Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 PRI Channels

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I dont know what i am asking is correct but customer requested me.

I have 1 No's  PRI with 150 DID, I have a 30 No's VIP person who want's dedicated each channel, In other words if they want to dial they should not get busy tone or their incoming call should be priortize first,

Is it this possible in E1 PRI.                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jack,

at one point of time ,only 30 channels would  be active[incoming or outgoing] i.e. 30 DID numbers from pool of 150 numbers alloted from Service provider.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jack,

This is a difficult thing to achieve and I certainly will not recommend it. This is because to configure this you need to create atleast 30 different trunk-groups and assign them to a time slot on the PRI. Once thats done, assuming you are using CUCM, you need then create a different CSS, different route lists for each VIP. You will then need to confiure a different dial-peer for each VIP and send the call out to a dedicated channel on the PRI...As you can see thats very cumbersome.

This is only even possible with only outbound cals, you cant control how inbound calls are routed because thats done from your Telco...

I will advise that you tell your customer this is not possible. Its not how the system is designed to work. Thats my 2 cents

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jack,

at one point of time ,only 30 channels would  be active[incoming or outgoing] i.e. 30 DID numbers from pool of 150 numbers alloted from Service provider.

regds,

aman

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jack,

This is a difficult thing to achieve and I certainly will not recommend it. This is because to configure this you need to create atleast 30 different trunk-groups and assign them to a time slot on the PRI. Once thats done, assuming you are using CUCM, you need then create a different CSS, different route lists for each VIP. You will then need to confiure a different dial-peer for each VIP and send the call out to a dedicated channel on the PRI...As you can see thats very cumbersome.

This is only even possible with only outbound cals, you cant control how inbound calls are routed because thats done from your Telco...

I will advise that you tell your customer this is not possible. Its not how the system is designed to work. Thats my 2 cents

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks to both

+5 aokan very good explanaton to convince customer.