Views
Helpful
Replies

ELM 9.1 and CUCM 9.1 Registration Conflict

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Have a standalone ELM server and a CUCM 9.1.1a cluster registering to it that has been working fine for a few months.

A few days ago the CPU was pegging on the ELM server (hostagt process) and I could not restart that process individually, and I did a graceful restart of the ELM server (utils system restart) and it came back up and everything was fine.

Now a few days later, I get alert from CUCM that the ELM sync has not worked for past 7 days and there are 53 days remaining.

On the ELM server, under Product Instancxes the CUCM has a Registration Conflict error and says it is managed by another ELM server. There is only one ELM server. The CUCM license page says it is managed by this ELM server that is complaining.

I've restarrted the ELM server with no change, and I tried to restart the ELM Client on the CUCM server without change.

Do I need to delete the CUCM product instance from the ELM server and add it back?

Is there something hung up on the CUCM server and I need to restart other services on it?  I am not seeing much in the logs on either server.

Both ELM and CUCM are version 9.1.1a.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Could be this perhaps;

Symptom: Product Instance registration fails with an error that the product instance is already managed by ELM.

Resolution: Log into the CLI of the product you are trying to add, and run the command license client reset registration which will clear its previous register with ELM.

From;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-34910

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Could be this perhaps;

Symptom: Product Instance registration fails with an error that the product instance is already managed by ELM.

Resolution: Log into the CLI of the product you are trying to add, and run the command license client reset registration which will clear its previous register with ELM.

From;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-34910

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Thanks, that was it.

admin:license client reset registration

Reset registration command executed successfully

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: