Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EM, changing softkey template

I'm having trouble getting an EM users phone to use a new softkey template.

I've followed the guide lines on CCO, copied an existing template, modified it, reset it then went to the EM users device profile and changed the softkey template.

When I reset the device and log them back in the soft keys don't change ?

When I apply the softkey template to a normal phone it appears as soon as the template or phone is reset.

Am I missing something for EM users with regards softkey templates ?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: EM, changing softkey template

Hi Karl,

Maybe you are running into this;

If a user logs into a Cisco IP Phone model where the user does not have a configured user device profile, the login profile will not match the login device on authentication. In this scenario, the device profile default for that phone model gets loaded onto the phone, and Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility works as described here:

The system copies all device-independent configuration (that is, user hold audio hold audio source, user locale, userid, speeddials, and directory number configuration except for the setting "line setting for this device") from the user device profile to the login device.

The system uses the device profile default for that phone model for phone template and softkey template configuration and, if the phone can support addon modules, for the addon module.

If the phone model supports Cisco IP Phone Services and they are configured, the services get copied from the user device profile.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ed113.html#1206706

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob,

Thanks for the information, I think you may have solved the issue as the user in question is using a 7940 EM profile, but logging into a 7960 phone. Not sure what the default profile is set to, but my guess is it's using a different softkey template than the user is expecting.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Karl.

Silver

Small world Karlos!! How's the job going? Drop me an email at dezoconnor@yahoo.co.uk.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content