Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EM/CSS on CM4.1

Hello

My company is on the process of migrating the CCM3.3 to 4.1, but, Im having some problems with extension mobility vs. CSS.

On CM 3.3, we used to create a new partition where all the device profiles were in, (with different CSS/call permissions), as we use the EM to protect the users from having calls not made by them.

On the trunk CSS, or local CSS, the EM partition were comming always at first, and, if the user weren't log, the call would achieve on the default user number/phone.

Of course if the user were logged the call would achieve the phone too, on the next CSS partition with that DN.

My problem is, if I try to put the EM partition first on the CSS, and if the user isn't logged in, the CM will return not available signal. How can I make this sound like the old config, and, if the user isnt logged in , the call path will go to the next available (with the user DN) partition?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: EM/CSS on CM4.1

Why do you include the EM partition in the CSS that a logged out phone uses?

So when the user is logged in, the calls go to the phone with his profile (when he is on logged on another one)

I'm not sure if there is a Callmanager bug or setting that could make 4.x act like it did before. However, I don't know why you don't make the logged in partition the same as the default user extension (not logged in. It sounds like the user's have another non-em extension somewhere that you want the calls to go to if the em user isn't logged on) An extension's partition has nothing to do with outbound calling so you would be fine to put the non-em extension in the same partition as the em's extension. One caveat is that if the extensions are the same number in the same partition they become shared line appearances.

If, on the other hand the user doesn't have a non-em extension then you could forward on failure to voicemail or some extension that is always up.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content