Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC login error 23

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have configured my vmware machines running two clusters (single node) after watching this wonderful video:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/1970

I am running two different version of CCM.

Home cluster: 8.5.1

Visiting cluster: 8.6.2

The moment I have login to visiting cluster using home cluster userid and password, the error show Login Unavailable code 23. I checked the FS guide and it says "User does not exist", "Occurs when the given user ID is not found (in any of the remote clusters)". I have checked that userid does show in home cluster and able to login in home cluster EM.

Any clues to the above setup?

thanks and cheers,

TA

16 Replies 16

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you enabled EMCC for the user ?

Please rate all useful posts

Yes I did check the box "Enable Extension Mobility Cross Cluster" for the user. Does it matter if I configure userid as numeric values?

Hi,

Do you have same user in both the cluster?? If yes, you will get this error as duplicate user is not supported.

For EMCC to work, you should have user part of one cluster only.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, thanks. I believe my userid is not the same.

My visiting cluster PUB IP is 10.2.2.91

My home cluster PUB IP is 10.2.2.81

My home EMCC userid is 81

My visiting EMCC userid is 91

I have a 7965 registered in visiting cluster and a 7961 registered in home cluster. I know 7961 is not supported hence I trying to logon to visiting cluster with userid 81 and i encounter this error.

Any other possible reasons?

How is UDP created for userid 81, is it with 7965 or 7961??

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

I created for both phone type in both cluster.

I am able to login to 7961 but not in visiting cluster 7965 phone.

HI

click the Update Remote Cluster Now button on the  Remote cluster Service Configuration window

(Advanced Features >  EMCC > EMCC Remote Cluster) to change Remote Activate values to true.

Regards

Ronak patel

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

I tried Update Remote Cluster Now button but no luck at all. Still same error.

Hi,

Please veryfy again that you have not missed any steps involved. Below is the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsemcc.pdf

Regards

Ronak pagel

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks mate. I missed out setting the service parameters for Extension Mobility and I went ahead to change it and restarted the servers. However, still no luck in getting it work.

Then I created another cluster95 with 10.2.2.95 and appear to be same error always.

I believe the video seems to be missing some crucial steps in getting EMCC to work.

Is there anyway that we can troubleshoot using RTMT to debug further? Or EMCC only works in different subnets and not in a single subnet?

Hi,

If it still doesn't work, you can collect Detailed/Debug EM logs and Tomcat logs from both clusters. 

You will be setting the traces for "Extension Mobility" and "Extension Mobility Application", then collecting the same as well as "Cisco 
Tomcat" logs in RTMT. 

Regards
Ronak patel

Thanks. Will you be able to assist to verify the logs? I have collected them but can't find anything meaningful.

Hi

Please send it over.. Let me have a look. If not Cisco TAC will be able to help you .

Regards

Ronak Patel

Hey mate, what is your email address ? I will send it to you. Thanks