Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responde & 7925

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I am planing to implement CER for more than 1000 IP phones but about 400 of them will be 7925. In order to be able to track the wireless phones I am going to have a different DHCP scope for each access point and then assign an ERL to the phones based upon the subnet. My question for you guys is what happens if the guy with wireless phone movers from one building to another? WIth this solution the IP address will be changed moving from one AP to another. WIll the user loss connection when the IP address changes?If so, is there a work around for this issue?

Thanks,

MK

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yeah, so this is an ugly subject. I suggest reading my reply to another thread before proceeding: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3066502#3066502

So, in reality, Emergency Responder is a no-go with 802.11-based voice deployments in my opinion. The only product I am aware of that does work is 911 Enable. It scans the WLC to see which BSSID the phones' MAC addresses are associated to every few minutes to determine which AP the phone is currently associated to. 911 Enable is a competitor/replacement for Emergency Responder, not a suppliment to it. http://911enable.com

Thanks Jonathan,

I can't hide my disappointment. How about version 8.x of ER? Anybody else has anything to share?

Thanks,

MK

I know CER has some limitations with Wireless endpoints but could someone please help me to understand how the call flow works with the wireless phones. Assuming the following solution is implemented:

1) A subnet -ERL is configured for each Access Point

2) The wireless phones are assigned to the subnet ERL that is configured for that Access Point.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: