Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Bronze

Enabling LDAP users with Presence by default

By default, our LDAP-imported users have the "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence" checkbox disabled.  We'd like to have this enabled by default.  I seem to remember that this was possible in CUCM 8.6.2 with CUPS, but it was a setting in the Licensing area that has since been overhauled with CUCM version 9.

We're on CUCM 9.1.1a.

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

I dont think this was even possible in CUCM 8.6. You will have to use BAT update to enable your users for IM and Presence. You cant even automatically assign users imported from LDAP to the "standard ccm end user group". In CUCM 8.6 you can license users for CUPS....but not done automatically.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Bronze

Ugh, more for the feature request pile.  I'm pretty sure there was some licensing-area setting in 8.6 that allowed for you to roll out presence for all users and have it on for all new users by default.  I could be wrong there.  It's like they are forcing us to buy Prime Provisioning if we want to not spend hours a week provisioning and retiring users from the platform...

Cisco Employee

You could only enable the users for Presence, and for CUPC use, that was under capabilities assignment, but there was no default setting to have it enabled on any new users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content