Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Encrypted Ipphone and SRST

Hi all,

I'm invited to install a cisco  IP Telephony in Remote Site for the company that already have an exsiting TOIP infrastructure.

The CUCM in the Headquarter use e-token for encrypt voice ( RTP and Signaling). I have two questions about SRST:

1- What i have to do for SRST-GW to be able to registre Ipphones ( Encrypted Ipphones)   when WAN connection is lost.

2- What is required for the Remote site users to use meet-me conference ( when WAN is UP)? do i need to add a media ressource from SRST GW?

Thanks in advance

Regrads

Cham

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Encrypted Ipphone and SRST

1. The router's trust-point (i.e. certificate) will get presented to CUCM when you're defining it as an SRST reference and you'll need to accept the presented certificate. The phone will then download this separately from the CTL and accept the router for registration.
  2. You'll need a conference resource but it doesn't need to be at the remote site. In most cases this is preferred since it lowers the WAN bandwidth requirements though.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies