Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

End Call button not working (not hanging up calls)

Good day,

(I'm new to this form, so forgive me if I'm not providing sufficient information or if I request followup on instructions or features)

I have some users report that their calls are not hanging up when they press the end-call button.  A user claims it takes sometimes 15-20 tries of pushing End Call to hang up.  I'm not entirely sure where to start looking.  I haven't yet had the opportunity to replace the device yet either.

Models: Cisco IP Phone 7965, also use 7945 widely.

VLAN: VOIP has 30% reservation; always below capacity

CUCM: 8.5.1.10000-26

For anyone who experience this before

-is this a known issue with 7965?

-could it be software related (firmware or CUCM)?

regards,

-m

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

End Call button not working (not hanging up calls)

There is not a known issue for this in the 79x5 hardware. Assuming it's not a hardware failure of that button on the phone it's likely the SCCP packet isn't making it to or being recognized by CUCM. Each button you press generates a packet to CUCM which must instruct the phone what to do about it. The phone won't end the call on it's own accord; CUCM must instruct it to tear down the media streams, remove the call information from the display, show the on-hook softkeys, etc. It's just a dumb phone.

Usually when this sort of thing is reported it's an exercise of reproducing it and collecting log files from CUCM along with a packet capture from the phone. Did CUCM see the StationInit button press event? If yes what did it do about it? Did the phone see CUCM's response? If the packet didn't make it to CUCM, does a Wireshark show the phone sent the packet? If yes you have yourself a network issue: policing, congestion, or loss. Remember that signaling packets are marketed differently that media.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies