cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Parameters Empty

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

On my test CUCM cluster (Running 8.6.2) I've just discovered that Enterprise Parameters is empty ! (See attached screen shot)

On my live 8.6.2, Enterprise Parameters is fine.

I've tried on both the pub and the sub, and still the same.

I've tried restarting Tomcat, but this hasn't changed anything. I tried a cluster reboot. Still no joy :-(

Any suggestions as to how to get Enterprise Parameters back ?

Ta,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gordon

The plot thickens : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3584800#3584800

I had a similar issue where the 'product specific' config on the phones disappeared... to fix it I ran 'run loadxml' from the server CLI. Bit of a shot in the dark for you, but similar symptoms...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also had to restart tomcat (and callmanager, but not sure if that was strictly necessary) after doing that..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Was there any installation of new device pack?

As said above Please try "run loadxml " command, this command should resolve your issue. 

Also What is the CPU usage when this happens.

More details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b2e113.shtml

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

I tried the "run loadxml" and got:

Starting loadxml

disablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]

disablenotify  rc[0]

xml DSN=ccm_super /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml

installXml  rc[1]

enablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]

enablenotify  rc[0]

installdb Failure [-x] 1

loadxml function complete

Which didn't inspire me with confidence. Anyway, I did a cluster reboot, still no joy.

The document at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b2e113.shtml suggests an old QED file is to blame, and to install a newer one. Well, the only QED file I can remember installing is an old 8.5 Firmware for a 6921 handset. However, all the 9.x firmwares are regulare COP files.

I tried re-installing the latest SIP 69xx firmware, but this gave the error:

(27291) Tue Mar 13 12:03:15 GMT 2012

Publisher: Starting installdb... /bin/su -l informix -s /bin/sh -c "source /usr/local/cm/db/dblenv.bash /usr/local/cm ; source /usr/local/cm/db/informix/local/ids.env ; nice /usr/local/cm/bin/installdb -x /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml"

disablenotify  rc[0]

xml DSN=ccm_super /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml

installXml  rc[1]

enablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]

enablenotify  rc[0]

installdb Failure [-x] 1

(27291) Tue Mar 13 12:03:52 GMT 2012

ERROR: Final installdb run unsuccessful

I tried installing an ATA187 QED (The only other QED I could find lying around on my machine) and that failed too.

Question 1: What's happened ?

Question 2: What's a QED file ?

GTG

Hi Gordon

Can't really help with question (1) other than saying it looks like CUCM is quite seriously broken & I suspect will need a TAC case to resolve.

A QED file is a file you load to enable support for a brand new device on CUCM (e.g. I ran the 6921 QED file on a test 6.1(5) server and it added this device type. I'd be suprised if you need to load any QED files on 8.6 as this should already know about all of the handset types supported.... Not sure what would happen if you loaded a QED file for a device type that CUCM already knew about.. or maybe we now do? To load 8.5 firmware for a device type CUCM already has in it's database you shouldn't use the QED file, only the COP file.

Sorry can't be of much more assistance.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi,

This might be silly, But have you tried to access it from another PC or another Browser.

Also I hope you are using either of Microsoft Internet Explorer , Mozilla Firefox or Safari

regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak Patel wrote:

This might be silly, But have you tried to access it from another PC or another Browser.

Also I hope you are using either of Microsoft Internet Explorer , Mozilla Firefox or Safari

I've tried Firefox on Mac & Windows. Safari on Mac. Chrome on Mac. IE on Windows (Obviously ;-)  )

All give the same.

When you look at the HTML source, you see a lot of the page there. However, there's a huge JS error:

"Warning: An unbalanced tree was written using document.write() causing data from the network to be reparsed. For more information https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Optimizing_Your_Pages_for_Speculative_Parsing

Source File: https://cucmdev-1/ccmadmin/enterpriseParamEdit.do?service=11

Line: 43"

I also discovered the other day that I couldn't configure an 8941 phone either. I think there's some serious damage to my database.

Part of me wants to flatten the DB and start again (It's only my test cluster) but part of me want's to know how to fix it, in case it happens to my live system !

GTG

Hi Gordon

That's interesting - re: the 8941, what happened? Were you just unable to 'save'? Do you see the product specific section there?

Aaron

aaronharrison wrote:

That's interesting - re: the 8941, what happened? Were you just unable to 'save'? Do you see the product specific section there?

No Product Specific section. And nothing happens when you click "Save". If you look at the Javascript error console, you see:

"Error: validateAllProductSpecific is not defined

Source File: https://cucmdev-1/ccmadmin/phoneEdit.do

Line: 5482"

When you hit save.

GTG

Hi

So that's exactly what I had after upgrade to 8.6. I thought at first the DB was scrambled, but when I checked the xml tables had the info in them.

Next I though the tomcat website was broke as that validateAllProductSpecific javascript function was missing!

Then TAC had me run that loadxml command on the publisher, and restart CallManager + Tomcat services and it was back.

I would maybe try doing that command again, then just restarting the CM and Tomcat services (on the publisher), and if that fails it might be TAC-time.

Aaron

Fixed it :-)

I installed the latest device pack. Everything looks good :-)

GTG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: