Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ephone dn compared to dial peer

Hello I have a CME gateway router which has previously been configued with ephones and their respective ephone-dn's. That was all working fine.

Now I have migrated my phones (with the same directory numbers) to a CUCM installation. CUCM will still use the CME router as it's PSTN gateway.

As part of the CUCM replacement, I have created dial-peers so that incoming calls to my CME gateway router will be redirected to CUCM.

My question is, should I now delete all those original CME defined ephone-dn's. i.e. will they conflict with and cause problems with my newly created dial-peers for these same directory numbers that now point to CUCM ?

For instance an incoming call arrives at the CME gateway router. It sees an ephone-dn in addition to a dial peer pointing to CUCM. Both are for the same directory number. What happens ?

Thanks for any advice.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I would simply issue "no telephony-service" which will delete all ephone and ephone-dns to make sure you have clear config.

HTH,

Chris

Silver

When having ephone-dns in the running config, the calls won't route to CUCM by default.

Change dial-peer hunt scheme to do based on preference:

dial-peer hunt 2

Under telephony-service, change the dn preference:

max-dn 64 preference 9

That way your dial-peers to CUCM will be matched first.  Probably best to just remove the CME config unless you're also trying to do CME as SRST.

Silver

Yes, remove the CME config as this router will act only as a gateway now.

---

Posted by WebUser Asad Raza from Cisco Support Community App

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I would simply issue "no telephony-service" which will delete all ephone and ephone-dns to make sure you have clear config.

HTH,

Chris

Silver

When having ephone-dns in the running config, the calls won't route to CUCM by default.

Change dial-peer hunt scheme to do based on preference:

dial-peer hunt 2

Under telephony-service, change the dn preference:

max-dn 64 preference 9

That way your dial-peers to CUCM will be matched first.  Probably best to just remove the CME config unless you're also trying to do CME as SRST.

Silver

Yes, remove the CME config as this router will act only as a gateway now.

---

Posted by WebUser Asad Raza from Cisco Support Community App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content